cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Realigning navigational attributes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

I need to realign a navigational attribute (from one sales manager to another) for my customer characteristic. I will do so in accordance with [sap help|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/53/963f58d62c4537af344b10b54c2056/frameset.htm].

My question is now the following: What happens if the master data in R/3 are not changed accordingly, and new sales data is loaded into APO during the night containing the old sales manager no. instead of the "new"? Will there be sales data for this customer from 2 seperate sales managers then?

Best regards,

Anders Thinggaard

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anders,

Is that attribute part of your POS. It's going to create another CVC only if it is part of POS.

If it is just a navigational attribute of a characteristic in POS, you don't have duplicate records. The attribute values are displayed dynamically.

Here is an example:

Case1: My POS has material, customer, plant.

customer has sales org as attribute.

the sales org was SO01 and realigned to SO02

Here are my old CVCs you see in MC62

material-----customer-plant----salesorg

M1--

C1
P1
-----SO01

You now realign the sales org to SO02

You will have the following CVC:

M1--

C1
P1
-----SO02

The display of attribute is in fact dynamic, meaning it just looks up the BW mater data and displays the current value.

Case2: My POS has material, customer, plant and sales org.

Here are my old CVCs you see in MC62

M1--

C1
P1
-----SO01

You now realign the sales org to SO02

You will have the following CVCs:

M1--

C1
P1
-----SO02

If the data coming from R/3 tomorrow has SO01, then another CVC with SO02 will be created.

So after the CVC creation, here is how it looks like:

M1--

C1
P1
-----SO01

M1--

C1
P1
-----SO02.

Hope I am clear in my explanation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu

Thank you for your answer, it was very clear!

It is a nav. attribute of a characteristic in the POS.

I have a job running every night updating my master data. From what I understand on your answer the "problem" will solve itself once the master data is updated in R/3 (and then loaded into APO). In that case I guess I wouldn't have to realign the nav. attribute, right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. If the job is about loading the attribute values and running the hierarchy attribute change, yes. You need not do any thing. I suggest you do a test on this in your test system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. I might have to run the hierarchy attribute change manually.

Thanks for your explanation, Visu!

Kind regards,

Anders

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the master data is not aligned in both systems R/3 and ACM then you will have data duplication with that one differening attribute. In your case you will ahve CVC's careated with the old and new attribute.