cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface between SAP BW and APO BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I am working on implementation project in which there is a requirement of filling a key figure through SAP ECC.

For that what they have suggested is From SAP ECC data will be Loaded into SAP BW infocubes everyday.

And from SAP BW (infocubes) it will be loaded into DP everyweek.

So my query is regarding interface betwween these SAP BW and APO BW.

Thanks,

Denish 9886366153

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denish,

You have 2 ways of loading data from R/3 to APO.

1. R/3 to BW cube to APO-BW cube to APO planning area

or

2. R/3 to APO-BW cube to APO planning area

BW can be a enterprise BW system ( independent) or you can use the BW inbuilt in APO also referred to as APO-BW.

The only difference between the 2 BW systems is APO-BW can not take the load of reporting where as the enterprise BW can.

Unless your company policy requires the enterprie BW system, I suggest using 2nd way.

You can load the data from R/3 to APO-BW cube using extractors either generic or standard depending on your data. You need to have a RFC connection setup between APO-BW and R/3. ( This is not CIF).

When you load the data into the APO-BW cube, you just have to load the data from the cube to APO planning area using the transaction /sapapo/tscube.

Refer to [DP Data Mart|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/13/5ada58309111d398250000e8a49608/frameset.htm] for more information about the data transfer between APO-BW and APO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Visu,

Our client needs to go with the first option only... the reason behind that is they want tha data to be upload data from ECC- SD to BI ( sap BW) on daily bassis i.e. on each night as a batch job.

Now this data is Uploaded in APO in weekly Basis....

My query is ... data in BI is in infocube and I have infocube on APO BW...so how these two cubes are a mapped??? Is it through RFC ( remote call function)?

Edited by: Denish Velachhawala on Jan 30, 2009 6:11 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

"My query is ... data in BI is in infocube and I have infocube on APO BW...so how these two cubes are a mapped??? Is it through RFC ( remote call function)?"

YES. Since these are are two different servers, you have to create a RFC connection. The BW system shows up in BW sources list.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denish,

The following link gives you guidance on the Extraction, Transformation and Loading processes between SAP & APO BWs.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/e3/e60138fede083de10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, boss I m stil not clear.. all stuff in that link talks about the techical aspects of BI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Through Data Mart concept we can transfer data from sapbw to apobw.

Thanks

prasad