cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for Source of SAP Web Dynpros

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

in NWA you can find a list with many WebDynpro Applications (and the WebDynpro-Components which are included in them) at the Web Dynpro Content Administrator. This WebDynpro Applications are allocated by SAP and delivered with the installation files for the NW 7.0 server.

I would like to look in the source code of this WebDynpros, because I wanted to use them like a kind of draft for my own developing. For example the source of sap.com/tceujwfuiwizardtask.

For ABAP WebDynpros you can look in all SAP Sources in the SE80. But I haven' t found a way to do the same also for Java WebDynpros.

Please can anybody tell me where I can find this sources?

Best Regards,

Iris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you go the source code of this app? I am looking for the same to enhnace the task attributes to add more attributes like Start date end date etc. Can you pls let me know if you got the code under which SCA you got this like J2EE, JTECHS etc

Thanks&Regards

Ravindra

sanyev
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Iris Meinl,

If you want to modify the code and then deploy it to some server then you need NWDI. If you just want to see the code for reference then you can extract all the class files from the package and use any java decompiler to view the code.

Regards,

Sanyev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iris,

If you want to look at the source code of the Components that are developed using Webdynpro Java by SAP, then you should install Netweaver Development Infrastructure (NWDI) and then install the Netweaver Developer Studio (NWDS). After that you have to create tracks for the webdynpro Java components provided by SAP on the NWDI and then import the tracks into the NWDS. This would help you looking at the source code of the Webdynpro Java Components.

Let me know if you have got any question.

Regards,

PG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo PG,

thanks for your reply.

I am already using NWDS but without NWDI.

Is NWDI necessary for looking at the source of SAP WebDynpros? Then unfortunately I will have to wait until the end of next week. Because next week we will install NWDI and after that I can generate tracks.

I will join up here again at this time and tell you if it works. Of course you will get points if it works.

Regards,

Iris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iris,

As far as I know, if the Webdynpro components are provided by SAP as a business package (Eg:- ESS or MSS) then you should have NWDI installed for looking at the source code. Because, I faced the similar situation a couple of months ago and ended up installing NWDI to customise the SAP standard webdynpro Java iViews in ESS. Anyway, which component are you trying to customise? If it is a business package like ESS, you should have NWDI installed!

Let me know if you have any issues. Award points if you find this useful!

Regards,

PG.