cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splitting the Idoc data into 2 diff files based on file content.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Mine is a SAP - XI - File Scenerio. A perticular Idoc when triggered has a segment 4 with a Field KONDART. This Segment 4 is optional in nature and can appear n nos of times. Initially KONDART carried a value ABCD and created a File called PLU, containing 14 fields.

Now the value of KONDART can carry ABCD as wll as many other values.

The current requirement is , if the Value of KONDART is ABCD , EFGH, etc etc , then it will create the PLU file as usual, but the moment the KONDART value is XYZ , then it will create the PLU as well as a new file called MRP, carrying only 4 fields .

I can understand that I need to make a new DT, MT , MI . I can' make out, if i call it in Messege Mapping the PLU as well as MRP structure and map them according ly, I simply cant make out , hw to make it conditional based on the content of KONDART.

Should I go for messege splittng, like in the second messege type , the Structure will get mapping data only if the KONDART Value is XYZ.

Is my understanding OK.

I think I can check this in Messege Mapping itself. calling 2 messege types and put a CREATEIF kind of logic for the KONDART = XYZ condition.

Pls correct me / Comment .

Regards,

Arnab Mondal.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I have understood your problem correctly then the solutin can be like this..

First of all create two separate mappings as well as Interface mappings (based on your different data types).

In ID, just do the conditional "Interface Determination", so whenever your condition(s) will be true the respective interface mapping(s) will be triggered and offcourse create two CC respectively.

Now when you do the "Receiver Determination" assing correct CC to corresponding interfaces.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member200267
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest, this type of scenario can be handled very easily using Multimapping.

Regards,

RDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess the Receiver Determination is the right place for your requirement.

There you could specify that the one file should always get created and the second one only if the condition is true.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/a513f2632c332ce10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Patrik,

my requirenment was to split the Idoc data into to files, destined for the same FTP server , same location.

In Receiver Determination, my understanding says, If i wish to send the File in different RECEIVERs , based on certain data condition from the source file, then it can be done, using Condition Editor.

But is it possible to use the condition editor to send 2 different Files based on the content of the source file , to the same target system , same path?

Regards,

Arnab.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you gone through my solution?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sarvesh,

u r perfectly right. I posted the previous comment without seeing ur reply. I simply forgot the application of Conditional Interface Determination.

But I hope u agree with the comment that I made to Patriks reply.

Pls comment.

Points awarded.

Regards,

Arnab .

Former Member
0 Kudos

> In Receiver Determination, my understanding says, If i wish to send the File in different RECEIVERs , based on certain data condition from the source file, then it can be done, using Condition Editor.

True.

> But is it possible to use the condition editor to send 2 different Files based on the content of the source file , to the same target system , same path?

For this, as I said in previous reply just use Conditional Interface Determination.

Regards,

Sarvesh