cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customer master

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

can any one help me when am creating customer with external no range in partner tab its asking customer no whereas when we make no assignment internal its not why and how to configure the new partner function and group, asked in interview,

thnx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In partener determination procedure make the assignment in customer master, Account groups - Function Assignment, here enter the partner function and account group and now create customer

Regards

srini

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> asked in interview,

>

Hello, coooeweeeee! Anybody home?

Anyone noticed the other questions by Mukesh as well? Why is everyone answering his interview questions for him?

Rather have a nice weekend. Watch a movie or something...

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you try to create a customer using internal number range, the system will give the number while saving and the same will appear i the partners tab if you see it in xd02. whereas if you use external number range, you give to give the number initially itself and the same will be appeared in partners tab.

buy you have mentioned vice versa. pl check.

Regards

sankar

skrishen9
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh

When you assign the external number range this requires the no to be entered with in the specified no range to create the Customer master. Where as for internal number range assignment the system automatically generate . For partner determination and creation of Account groups you can search the forum . Hope this link will also solve your purpose.

[Partner Determination|http://www.sap-img.com/sap-sd/partner-determination-for-sales-doc.htm]

Thanks

sushant

Edited by: Sushant Krishen on Jan 29, 2009 5:05 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mukesh,

To your query:

how to configure the new partner function and group

SPRO -->SD --> BASIC Functions -->Partner Determination --> Set up partner determination --> Set Up Partner Determination for Customer Master

Here, maintained following (from left hand Dialog Structure)-

Defining the Partner Functions:

Assigning the partner functions to the Account group:

Defining the partner determination procedure

Placing the required partner functions in the procedure:

Assigning the procedure to the Account Group

Best Regards,

Amit

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

When you are creating the customer internally (internal no range) till the time you save that there is no number generated and while creation in the partners tab you can see for all the mandatory partner functions it will give as internal and up on saving the no is generated which you can see in XD02

That is while in transation in XD01 it will show as internal and in XD02 transaction it will show the actual no

But if you are creating the customer externally (external no range) the system doesnt know what no you are going to give for mandatory partner functions and hence it is asking you give it then and there itself

The system logic is perfect

Suppose if you are creating a customer with partner functions SP (Mandatory and non modifiable),SH.(mandatory),BP(mandatory),PY.(mandatory)

Case 1 Internal no range

In XD01 t code while creating you will see internal against these 4 partner functions with SH,BP,PY not greyed out and SP only greyed out

This means suppose in the internal no generated for this customer as 10000 (which you will get while saving) and if you want for this customer SH as 09999(this is already created customer) you can erase this intenal and assign 09999 against SH

Now in XD02/303 t code SP will be 10000 and sh will be 09999

Case 2 external no range

This means you will give external no first and go on to create this customer so in the partner functions for the other mandatory partners you have to give this external no or another customer no like 09999

In this case system cant assume anything and hence it is asking to fill up the same while creation itself

The Interviewer who has asked this qn to you is a real smart guy

Hope i have thrown some clarity to you rather than confusing you

If you analyze little bit you will pick up why the system behaviour is like this

Regards

Raja

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Jan 29, 2009 5:20 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja

i agree what u mentioned if u throw some light in following,

a. when i create customer with externnal no assignment in partner function tab its blank what to enter there (will i have to enter same no which i entered while creating customer) whereas which is not happening in internal no assigment

also if u explain me for creating partner step by step .

thanx

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

First of all when you create external no range customer in the initial screen itself you will be giving a no and then only be doing the other things

In the partners tab the default no with whickh you have created this customer would have been automatically copied and the same will be ediatable mode exept SP

So where is the blank? (as you have mentioned)

CMR creation Follow these steps

1. Create a new account group in OBD2

2. Create no ranges for the new account group in XDN1

3. Assign the no ranges to account groups in OBAR

Then go to IMG-SD-Basic functions -set up partner determination--set up partner determination for customer master

In that partner determination procedure assignment( 3 rd in the left side double click that)

Assign AG to your new account group( note AG procedure will have SP as mandatory cum non modifiable and SH,BP,PY as mandatory)

Then account group function assignment( 5 th in the left side double click that)

Go to new entries

then Input Partner function as SP and your account group

then Input Partner function as SH and your account group

then Input Partner function as BP and your account group

then Input Partner function as PY and your account group (in entries)and save

If you have some warning message ignore that

Now go to XD01 tcode and create a new customer in the new account group

Regards

Raja