cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reset lock entries at new login?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

When you work on a project, and close the application not correctly (not through log off, or due to a dump...), the lock entry remains. So when you sign-in again into the portal, the project is in read-only due to this lock entry.

Is there a way to "clean" the user's lock entries at new logon?

Thank you!

Matthias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Matthias ,

Please check logon entries in SM04 & end session for particular users

Else, ask users to shutdown PC & again login to the system

regards

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

Projects get locked by specific users. to unlock, you may go to Transaction SM12 ( as Niranjan had pointed out ) in the backend and give your user name in the input list (or the name of the user who has locked the concerned project) and click on the 'List' Button.

Then you can select all the entries in the table which comes up and click on the trashcan button. This Should solve your problem.

Please let me know if u run into issues.

Best Regards,

Mazin

Edited by: mazin mahmood on Jan 30, 2009 5:00 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

We already know SM12 transaction and how to use it. This is our "last solution".

Our concern is more that when a user shuts down incorrectly cProjects application (this can also happen due to system bugs), the locked objects remains locked. This is very frustrating for end-users, that have to ask each time someone with higher rights in the system to unlock the object.

The best would be that lock entries are refreshed when user is not connected anymore in the system. Is there a way to achieve this?

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

You can try to use SM12 to clear lock entries if u r using cProjects directly (not thu portal)
For portal, you canc try to clear cache

Niranjan

Points welcome if info is useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Matthias,

I have found the similar problem, the solution I found is opening the session in the new internet explorer window and if required deleting the cookies and the temporary internet files through internet options.

Regards,

Nishit Jani

Points welcome for useful Information.