Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass change of original system after copy

former_member193337
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts!!!

We need to do a massive change of the original system to avoid repair tasks. I know that thru SE03 or SM30->TADIR is possible, but we need to do it to all objects in the system.... I think It might exist a standar tool for that... what do you think???

Thanks a lot!!!!

Frinee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What do you mean by mass change?...

I think the tool you're looking for is SE06

Regards

Juan

former_member193337
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Juan!

What I need is to change the original system from all pre-existing objects to avoid repair task. I looked at SE06 as you suggested but It doesn't seems to have that capability.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frinee,

Use SE03 -> Object Directory -> Change Object Directory Entries. You will then get a selection screen and you will be able to perform mass changes in the resulting output list.

Best Regards,

Matt

former_member193337
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Matt!

This tool (SE03) can help if we go object by object (one by one), there are to many to write them down in the selection screen. We are looking for a masive change, maybe a standard report or something in the customizing....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frinee,

I do not understand what you mean by one-by-one. If you use the tool correctly, you can basically select all of the objects in the system.

Best Regards,

Matt

former_member193337
Participant
0 Kudos

Matt! Thanks for your response....

I'm exploring the transaction as you suggested, I could select all objects with the old system, but to be able to change the field (original system) I need to click on every object (one by one), do you think there's a way to change all of them without having to click on every single one?

I don't know this transaction good enough to be sure if this can or cannot be done, thanks for your help!

Former Member

Use the functions in the Edit menu

-Select/deselect subtree

-Select block

former_member193337
Participant
0 Kudos

I tried that, what happened was that the screen "Change object Directory Entry" appears for every object, I have to save every single one (there are thousands!) (once saving one, next in line opens inmedialty), it doesn't change the whole thing...

Thanks for your support!

Former Member
0 Kudos

This behaivor is intentional, of course, since the objects could already be in an existing transport request.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We want to perform a mass change too. Anybody knows how?

Former Member

Go to SE03 and choose Change Object Directory Entries or report RSWBO052.

Fill in the package. Select the objects you want and enter MASS in the command field (tcode box).

manuel_busse
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the "MASS"-tip. Fantastic! This really made my day!

former_member502686
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I want to agree your help, too. I've same problem and I could resolve it with your collaboration.

sridhar_rao4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Your input was very valuable to us. We tried it and was exactly the solution we were searching for.

Answers (0)