SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object abbr. and object name for ST not getting updated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

when i create the student master record in transaction PIQSTC, the object abbr. and object name are not getting updated. Object abbreviation is displayed as <Intern> and object name as always " new student ".

Pls let me know what could be the possible error as i am unable to the subsequent processes student.

Regards,

Sravan Kumar V

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I believe that the error is related to number range assignment. Please check the number range assignments and let me know if you need any help.

Regards,

Ranjith

Edited by: Ranjith Pandilla on Feb 3, 2009 6:00 AM

0 Kudos

Dear Sarvan,

Campus Management uses the following identifiers for students:

· Object ID

· Student number

· Business partner number

Subsequent changes in number range settings can lead to data inconsistencies.

Changes in number range settings for the object ID have a negative effect on other components that use HR objects (Organizational Management, Personnel Development).

Standard Number Range Settings for the Object ID

What i suggest is that you use a numbering system for Campus Management which is valid for all plan versions. As this Customizing setting applies to all HR object types. These include the components Organizational Management, Personnel Development, Training and Event Management, etc.

Also run a check on Personal data source and its storage. Find the exact infotype which stores the Personal data from Student Master.

Please check the above settings and do let me know.

Regards

Vinod Kumar

0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

I am going through the steps you have indicated. I will come back to you on the updates

thanks

Regards,

Sravan