cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WD_GLOBAL_SETTING not available

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys

I need to change default theme, I wanted to use WD Application WD_GLOBAL_SETTING but it doesn't exist here there's only WDR_TEST_GLOBAL_SETTINGS

Anybody seen it leave?

where may I change it manually?

regards

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

WD_GLOBAL_SETTING did not always exist in the 7.0 delivery. We shipped it in one of the early support packages (SP11 or SP12 I think). If you really need this functionality I suggest that you consider upgrading to the latest NetWeaver Support Packages.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I also looking for changing the page style in order to do some rebranding in Solution Manager Workcenters.

I found a reference to change the WD_GLOBAL_SETTING application but can anyone tell me what does this mean?

Please point me to a t-code I can run. In addition, would this need an Object Key and/or a Developer key?

thanks

Beto

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

WD_GLOBAL_SETTING is not a Transaction Code. It is a Web Dynpro ABAP Application. Look it up in SE80 by searching for Web Dynpro ABAP applications and inputting this name.

This application lets you set global parameters for all WDA applications in your system. However it isn't going to do any rebranding itself. You would have to follow the process of either using the portal and customizing the portal theme or using the standalone theme editor to create a custom theme. WD_GLOBAL_SETTING only allows you to control which theme is used globally.

yesrajkumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Please check in the transaction SICF and give the component name 'WD_GLOBAL_SETTING' in Service name and click Execute. By this you will come to know your service is active or not and if this is active you will definitely see your apllication on the web.

Thanks,

Rajkumar.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

no results if I enter WD_GLOBAL_SETTING into service name and execute

yesrajkumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan.

We are on ERP Enhancement Package 2 and able to get the component 'WD_GLOBAL_SETTING' in se80 also. Please check the same.

Thanks,

Rajkumar.S