cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Context Overflow Error while executing report from browser.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am running one report from browser, the same report is running properly on backend.

But when I am running the same for long period (more than 2 months) it is giving me context overflow error.

I have also checked the value of parameter MaxCtxtSize on ITS and it is currently set to 5 MB.

Should I increased this value ??? ITS version is 6.20 - Standalone.

Pl guide me to solve this problem.

Regards,

Aditya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Aditya,

Please check your ITS trace files for errors. You should see something like: "ContAllocAligned:" and then an allocating failed message. This should then give you a number of the memory container that has failed to be allocated with more memory. Please compare that number to note 733058 and you will know which memory container to increase.

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edgar,

I searched "ContAllocAligned" in ITS trace files but I am unable to find it, may be I am refering to wrong location. Can you pl let me know the exact location where I can get that.

In the mean time I have also applied Support Package Stack on my stand alone ITS. But it has also not solved my problem.

Now its current version is 6200.1032.8483.0.

Best Regards

Aditya.

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Aditya,

Please check the diagnostics.log first. The default location from a standard installation should be C:\program files\SAP\ITS\6.20\<virt.ITSname>\logs\. Please check and post the errors reported in that file here at the time the issue is reproduced.

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Edgar,

Thanks a lot.

Below is the error message reported in the file diagnostics.log.

A 2009-02-03T09:12:24.039 [agate,sapjulep] 00, s02748798, PpttRuntimeError: Runtime error: Assignment to context failed

(context overflow)!

A 2009-02-03T09:12:24.039 [agate,sapjulep] 00, s02748798, PpttRuntimeError: jump through trap...

A 2009-02-03T09:12:24.039 [agate,sapjulep] 00, s02748798, PpioTraverseHtmlPP: PpttTraverseParseTree(D:\SAPMPS\config\..\IT1\templates\system\dm\generator.html) failed, rc=0x306

A 2009-02-03T09:12:24.039 [agate,sapdiag ] 00, s02748798, HtmgBuildHtmlPage: IntpDoInterpret (D:\SAPMPS\config\..\IT1\templates\system\dm\generator.html) failed, rc=0x2104

A 2009-02-03T09:12:24.039 [agate,sapxgdk ] 00, s02748798, ContAllocAligned: Allocating 52 bytes (16 of 5242880 bytes available) failed, no streaming supported. Consider bumping a container size (3) in the registry.

Pl help.

Regards,

Aditya.

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Aditya,

From the last line you posted from the diagnostics.log:

A 2009-02-03T09:12:24.039 agate,sapxgdk 00, s02748798, ContAllocAligned: Allocating 52 bytes (16 of 5242880 bytes available) failed, no streaming supported. Consider bumping a container size (3) in the registry.

We see that container size (3) needs to be increased. Looking at note 733058 we see that container 3 is the Context memory container. Please use your ADM tool to increase the MaxCtxtSize (Maximum Context Size). You will need to increase it, restart your ITS instance, test. If the issue still occurs then increase it more until the error stops or you feel like it's too high. Please note that increasing the MaxCtxtSize will increase the memory requirements of the ITS AGATE.exe process. In some cases you may need to lower other values so that AGATE.exe process does not crash from using too much memory per process (Windows limitation of 2gb).

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Edgar,

I need one more advise, on my ITS I am unable to login into ITS through link http://hostname:port_no/scripts/wgate/admin/!

So is it feasible to modify value of parameter MaxCtxtsize directly into itsdefault.xml file ?

Thanks & Regards,

Aditya.

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Aditya,

No, you should NOT modify the value in ItsDefault.xml. That file is used as the default for ALL of the ITS instances on your server. Instead you will need to manually modify the ItsRegistry<virt.ITSname>.xml file. You must manually add the MaxCtxtSize parameter and value in the correct location. Then restart the ITS instance.

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Edgar,

Thanks I have installed ADM instance and changed the value of parameter MaxCtxtsize from default (5 MB) to 10 MB.

It has solved the problem.

Regards,

Aditya.

Answers (0)