cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To learn coding in WDA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am having knowledge in WDJ. Now i like to learn WDA. I am feeling difficulty in writing the codes.

For eg : for setting a value to a context attribute in WDJ i will use wdContext.currentcontextelement.setattribute("value"); But here it goes like wdContext->..... How to learn the codings? I don't have knowledge in ABAP. Do i want to learn ABAP to work in WDA.

Thanks,

Mugundhan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kandha,

Dont worry it is not a tough task to learn writing code you need not remember the code .

Simple thing is on our transaction se80 in the menu bar we have a small magic button which we call it as "Webdynpro code wizard"( cntrl+f7) . this gives you the entire code for declarations here you can read the context , fetch the messages, popups and methods in our component can be called .

Initially try using this infact i feel this is the good procedure for writing the code such that we do not miss any part of the declarations.

GoodLuck!.

Regards,

Sana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Misbha,

Thanks for ur reply... I had seen in the coding -> and =>. Could you point out the difference between this two..

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>Do i want to learn ABAP to work in WDA.

Absolutely you must. Just like WDJ uses Java code and syntax to code methods and event handlers, in WDA we use ABAP. If you have basic questions about the ABAP sytnax in general (like what is the difference between -> and => - which the answer is the first one is an instance reference and the second one is a static reference) then you should really ask those questions in the ABAP General forum and not in the Web Dynpro ABAP forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys for ur replies. I need NET310 soft copy. Could you please provide me the link to download it.

Thanks

Mugundhan

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

It is absolutely against the SCN rules of engagement to ask for illegal copies of SAP's copywritten materials. Such activity will result in your account being deleted and you being banned from SCN. As you have violtated these rules, As moderator, I am now locking this thread.

arjun_thakur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kandha,

You can also refer to these [tutorials|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/index?rid=/webcontent/uuid/367b73e5-0901-0010-daa3-9de4771fc985] [original link is broken];. I am sure they'll give you some basic idea about coding.

Regards

Arjun