Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

runtime error

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai experts,

When I open the applicant registration(YH01).Its showing the runtime errors -

syntax error.and i checked the related program in source system and last 6 line in that program is missing in destination system after import the related request number.I need to transport full data(program) for clearing error. can any one help me to solve this problem.

thanks,

pugazhraj.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If its a custom program and just a few lines missing from the code you can either just add them manually via SE38 or create a new transport in the source system and transport it again.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi juhan,

I already create a new transport in the source system and transport it again. But the same error is appeared.Help me to sove this problem.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just go to SE38 -> enter the program name and click on change -> enter the missing lines -> Save -> Activate -> do a syntax check and see how it goes.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi juhan,

I typed the missing line and when i try to save it showing the page" prompt for transportable request" what can i do now create the new request or own request. plz tell me.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's pretty much is up to you... I presume you're in your QA system so it might be better off to just create a local request. if this fix the problem, then you can copy the program back into DEV and transport across the landscape.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Although your solution may work, it is not recommended. It is only recommended to determine the proper objects in the source system and transport them. Opening up non-development systems to make "quick changes" that will be replicated in development later is the number one source of systems getting out of sync. I have seen far, far too many customers do this "just this once" and then forget or incorrectly implement it in development. "Just this once" then happens more than once. Later, they wonder why their objects work fine in one system, not in another, etc.

If you never change objects in downstream systems, then you never have to worry about this.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks juhan the problem was solved. I just copied and pasted the missing lines.

SE38 -> enter the program name and click on change -> enter the missing lines -> Save -> Activate -> do a syntax check and see how it goes.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Matt said, this is not the best practice... you should modify the program is DEV and transport the changes across the system to keep it consistent.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi juhan,

Thanks and i just filled the missing lines and the program is working now in trial version.but its the same procedure will work in orginal version?.

Answers (0)