cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBP_VENDOR_SYNC - wrongly creates BP for invoicing party?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear forum members,

I have a message with SAP about this too, but wanted to know if anyone else has come across this problem.

We are using SRM 5.0 (SRM SERVER 5.5 SP 13) in ECS. We only want to replicate vendors (not invoicing parties) to SRM. We only have on backend purchasing organisation (and this is declared correctly in the SRM org structure).

The problem is that if a vendor is created for a company code and not extended into the purchasing organisation it creates the business partner in SRM (BUT000 table) but the BP is not setup as a vendor (no entry in VENMAP, BBPM_BUT_FRG0061 etc).

This means the BP is created buy the vendor cannot be used. Subsequently, if we extend the vendor into the purch org in ECC and execute BBP_VENDOR_SYNC it rejects the vendor as the BP exists in BUT000 but not VENMAP.

I believe this is a problem with the code at the point where the BP is created it should not and have asked SAP to resolve this.

Any experience / views on this?

Cheers,

Nick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OSS note solved this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Nick,

did you find a solution for the problem?

Currently i facing the same problem. Would be great, if you could share your solution.

Thanks & Regards

PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a message to SAP which is being worked on currently.

Best regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PM,

SAP have just released OSS note 1309896 for me which seems to have fixed this problem for us.

Cheers,

Nick

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Nick for your sincere followup updates on this note.

Indeed appreciate your effort.

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there.

We applied notes 1237098 and 1179387, and now system creates vendors OK in SRM.

Reagards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

They're already in our system as we are on SP 13

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

it is interesting . However How did you replicate the vendor in BBPGETVD without mentioning the Backend purchase organisation? it raising my eyebrows.

regards

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

I am not using BBPGETVD, I am using BBP_VENDOR_SYNC which only replicates those vendors which exist in backend P Orgs declared in the SRM org structure.

Thanks,

Nick

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

First we need to pull desired vendor to SRM by BBPGETVD and we can synchronize the back end vendor to EBP vendor by BBP_VENDOR_SYNC this report.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/56/54f137a5e6740ae10000009b38f8cf/content.htm

BBPGETVD

Specify whether:

· The SRM system is to assign numbers from the internal number range for business partners for the vendors to be copied.

· The vendor numbers are to be copied from the backend system. If the number already exists in the SRM system, the system assigns a number internally for the vendor.

In this case, configure the internal number range so that it does not overlap with the number range in the backend system.

Before the system performs the data replication, it informs you of any possible problems (such as missing purchasing organizations).

Make sure you enter the correct vendor root node of the organizational structure.

BBPUPDVD

Here you can adapt the vendor data in the SRM system, should the master data in the backend system be different to the replicated data.

PROGRAM BBP_VENDOR_SYNC

The program BBP_VENDOR_SYNC automatically synchronizes the backend vendors with the SRM system.

To run the program BBP_VENDOR_SYNC, you first have to make the following settings:

Path in the Implementation Guide (IMG):

Supplier Relationship Management ® SRM Server ®Technical Basic Settings ®Settings for Vendor Synchronization ® Make Global Settings

Supplier Relationship Management ® SRM Server ® Technical Basic Settings ® Settings for Vendor

regards

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should definitely be able to run BBP_VENDOR_SYNC without BBPGETVD.

All cnofig and pre-requisites you mention from SAP Help are met.

Regards,

Nick

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nick

First we need to pull the vendor then only we can synchronize right? Does it make sense?

regards

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

No you can use BBP_VENDOR_SYNC on its own - I have on many implementations before without problems!

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nick

How do assign these vendors under one Vendor group (PPOSV_BBP). Hope you aware that vendors are grouped under vendor group .(version srm 5.0) if you execute sync job first

regards

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

In config:

Supplier Relationship Management > SRM Server > Technical Basic Settings > Settings for Vendor Synchronisation > Make Global Settings.

Cheers,

Nick

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Requirements

You wish to use the automatic vendor synchronization functionality.

In the Implementation Guide (IMG) activity Define RFC Destinations, you have defined the RFC destinations for your systems.

Under Define Backend Systems, you have defined the backend systems for your systems.

Activities

Customizing for Vendor Synchronization consists of two parts. In the first part you make those settings that are valid for all backend systems. In the activity Make Settings for Each Backend System you can define or display detail data for the individual backend systems.

Make Global Settings

By setting the indicator Create New Vendors Also, you can determine that those vendors newly created in the backend systems are also newly created during the synchronization. If this indicator is not set, the only data updated is that of the vendors in the Enterprise Buyer System whose data was changed in the backend systems.

Note:

If you have not yet made an entry here, an empty screen appears when you start the activity. To make the settings, choose New entries or press F5.

Further Settings:

Carry Out Address Check for Duplicates :

Organizational Unit in EBP for the Vendor

Enter the eight-digit number, for example, 50001234.

Vendor Number Assignment Type

In the dropdown box, choose the method with which the number is to be allocated when a new vendor is created, for example, internal number allocation.

Clarifications are welcome since it talks about synchronization.

Why you bring all the vendors which is not assigned to purchase organisation properly ...

regards

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

Yes all these steps have been done.

The problem is that the logic is bringing vendors across which have no purchasing org assigned, and this is what I think is incorrect and what I want to prevent....

Thanks,

nick

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nick

Delete the BP via BUPA_TEST_DELETE report for one BP which had already entry and again you bring that vendor via BBPGETVD.

regards

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

Yes I can do this, but my point is that I don't think BBP_VENDOR_SYNC is working correctly. Do you agree?

You should not have to manually runa deletion program or execute BBPGETVD at all as a matter of practise in my opinion.

Thanks,

Nick

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nick

First you can delete one BP which already has entry in but000 by using of BUPA_TEST_DELETE (manually for only one BP ) and get that vendor into SRM by BBPTGETVD and secondly do modification in r/3 vendor and see the changes in srm vendor data and later you might feel whether sync job is working fine or not.

regards

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

I think I have a similar problem, Im trying to create a Business Partner in SRM from the ABAP Proxy ABABusinessPartnerIn and I've found that the created business partner is not in the structure (PPOMV_BBP) nor in the fragments tables ( frg00).

1. For the first issue I've implemented the BUPA_INBOUND badi and with a sequence of call functions I reached the point:

RH_STRUC_HELP_ROOTS_GET to get the root --> BBP_FIND_DUMMY_VG to get the the new subnode --> BBP_ASSIGN_BP_TO_VG to assign Bupa.

2. the point is that I need to complete the Purchasing Org for the created business partner with the default purchasing organization infromations, otherwise I cant use it by the BBMAININT.

Looking for some usefull functions I found the BBP_UPDATE_FRAGMENTS but I cant make it work. Probably some problems with the calling parameters.

...Im trying this call function using the badi BUPA_GENERAL_UPDATE.

Probably these stuff are usefull also for you...otherwise...if you have any suggestions they are really appreciated

best regards

Albe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Albe,

I am fairly sure the problem I am having is a SAP bug with the BBP_VENDOR_SYNC program.

I have a message with SAP open on it currently.

Best regards,

Nick