cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on PPMS Master Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using CTM with PPDS master data in our business. We have a constraint in the raw materials. Let a finished product A is having a component B which is raw material. 1 kg of A requires 2kg of B. I have selected the indicator u201Cprevent product explosionu201D for the component B in the PPM of A.

Now I have a demand for product A for 100kg which require 200kg of component B. 100 kg of component B is in stock. Now, if I run the CTM, CTM is creating planned order of 100kg for A and purchase requisition for B for balance qty 100kg.

Expectation is CTM should create planned order for A for 50kg only as the component Bu2019s stock is 100kg only since we have maintained the prevent product explosion indicator in PPM for the component B.

Any suggestions?

Aktar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aktar,

I am not experienced in CTM..but just a suggestion....make sure that your location product master data PPDS tab has PP Plng Procedure "3" ( Cover Dependent Requirements Immediately).

If it is set to 3, the system covers the dependent components as well in planning.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have already maintained the indicator for allowing the shortages,but still not getting the expected result.

Visu,

In this scenario i dont want the system to create planned order for the dependant components.System should create order for finished good based on the existing stock/receipts of the compnent as this component is a constraint for us.

Any suggestions?

Aktar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aktar,

Just check in the Global settings for CTM, in the Demand-Dependent constraints tab, whether check-box against "allow shortage" is ticked or not. If it is not ticked, the system will not allow shortages of demand to get fulfilled.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.