cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when distribute workbook via email

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm trying to send the query workbook to some users via email under Tools->Distribute workbook. But when I execute the schedule, an error message displayed as below:

"An active RFC server could not be found"

"Error occurred during processing of framework class CL_RSRD_PRODUCER_EXCEL, type PROD"

Is anybody know how to solve this problem? Or how can I activing the RFC server?

Thanks,

Andy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you need to establish connectivity between Bw & your mail server using SM 59.

refer to SAP Note no - 814083.

hope it helps

regards

VC

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have experienced the same problem. We fixed it with checking and deleting the locks in the lock table. Transaction SM12. After the deadlock being repaired, everything worked fine.

BR

Marcus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys,

I do mention this in my guide:

https://service.sap.com/~sapidb/012003146900000085752006E/HowtoInformationBroadcasting.pdf

I will be publishing an updated version of this soon with additional troubleshooting tips as well, but you have to setup a precalc server otherwise this won't work. When setting up the pre-calc server, the RFC destinations are created (not before) and then you can test it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

I could successfully broadcast a workbook(<i>created by someone else</i>), but when I open the workbook, i dont see any result values, but see a <b>No Authorization</b> message in the last cell.

Can you tell me why could this be?

Regards,

Manesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have access to the underlying queries (auth object S_RS_COMP)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

That looks like a great document, but quite a bit of it will not display. It's crashing my adobe viewer. Do you have a newer version?

former_member182537
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

If you dont have pre-calculation server installed then u can try Information Broadcasting using exceuting Reports via WEB ANALYZER and then try to broadcast it.

I have tried this it didn't give any error.and u get workbooks in your mailbox.

Thanks

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

I don't have the Precalc Server but want to use Info Broadcasting to email workbooks - what do I need to do to set this up? You mentioned Web Analyser but do you mean the Bex Analyser when using workbooks? How do I set up the Broadcasting settings to accept the workbooks? Do I just need to set up the connection between BW and the SMTP server?

Thanks,

Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Even I am getting the same error.

I am not sure whether we have installed the <b>BEx Pre-Calculation Service</b>.(<i>Since the test is being made at the client's system and we do not have access to RSPRECADMIN</i>)

Is<b>Pre-Calculation Service</b> a must for sending workbooks through e-mails, and could this be a reason for this error? When I checked<b> <i>HowtoInformationBroadcasting.pdf </i></b> which details the steps involved in <b>BEx Pre-Calculation </b> process (<i> from a trouble shooting perspective</i>), I found that the RFC settings (<i>SM59</i>) are only done after installing and creating some <b>Pre-Calculation</b> servers. Kindly help.

Regards,

Manesh

rajiv_deshpande
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello All

I am also getting this error

"An active RFC server could not be found"

"Error occurred during processing of framework class CL_RSRD_PRODUCER_EXCEL, type PROD"

We have BW 3.5 with Support Package 15 and we do not have an EP server installed.

Can any body suggest a solution to fix this error.

Thank you.

Rajiv

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajiv,

have you checked the notes mentioned by Edwin and the necessary setting sra edone ?

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the useful info. I will try it out. Points already assigned to both of you.

Thanks,

Andy

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

take a look oss note 924030 855220 926866 929005 930507. hope this helps.

Symptom

Customer schedules broadcasting of many workbooks at a same time, and the customer gets following error.

Precalculation failed E

Error occurred during processing of framework class

CL_RSRD_PRODUCER_EXCEL, type PROD

or

RFC SERVER Communication ERROR.

Other terms

SAP BW Precalculation Service,

Broadcasting of workbooks,

RSRD_START.

Reason and Prerequisites

Program error

Solution

BW 3.50

Import Support Package 17 for Release 3.50 (BW3.50 Patch 17 or SAPKW35017) into your BW system. The Support Package will be available when note 0872277 with the short text "SAPBWNews BW SP17 NetWeaver'04 Stack 17", describing this Support Package in more detail, is released for customers.

In Case of urgent requirement copy the correction instructions and create a lock object as mentioned below.

Go to Transaction SE11

Select the 'Lock Object' radio box and enter 'E_PREC_LOCK' as lock object name.

Click on create button.

Enter the Short Text as "Precalculation Service: Lock Object for Serialization."

Then click on "Tables" tab.

Enter the Primary table name as "RSR_PREC_LOGSYS"

Select "Exclusive, Cumulative" as Lock mode.

Click on Save button.

Enter the package name as "RSR_EXCEL_PRECALC"

Then Activate this Lock Object.

Symptom

When the user executes(broadcasts) a workbook settings he gets the following error.

Registration failed at gateway.

or

( RSRPREC 509 ) Precalculation failed E

( RSRD 107 ) Error occurred during processing of framework class

CL_RSRD_PRODUCER_EXCEL, type PROD

or

Some times a dump can also occur.

Other terms

Workbook Precalculation,

RSRPREC 509,

RSRD 107 Error occurred during processing of framework

class CL_RSRD_PRODUCER_EXCEL, type PROD.

or

Registration failed at gateway.

Reason and Prerequisites

Gateway host address resolving problem.

Solution

Log on to the BW system, then Execute the transaction SMGW.

then click on GOTO menu -> Expert Functions -> Network Addresses.

This will display your own Network addresses.

Now open the file HOSTS from the following folder,

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\ or C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc\

Insert IP address and Host name at the end of HOSTS file.

<Ip_Address> <Host_name>

Example:

In BW system you see the following as network address.

[10.20.82.102] ld0195.wdf.sap.corp (HOSTNAME)

Then in HOSTS file, you need to maintain the following entry.

10.20.82.102 ld0195

Symptom

When precalculation of workbook is started, it fails giving the error

'Object reference not set to an instance of the object.' and

'Error occurred during processing of framework class

CL_RSRD_PRODUCER_EXCEL type PROD'

Other terms

Object reference not set to an instance of the object.

CL_RSRD_PRODUCER_EXCEL

Reason and Prerequisites

Program error

The gateway host has a '/h/' extra. This causes problems.

Solution

BW 3.50

Import Support Package 14 for Release 3.50 (BW3.50 Patch 14 or SAPKW35014) into your BW system. The Support Package will be available when note 0836439 with the short text "SAPBWNews BW SP14 NetWeaver'04 Stack 14", describing this Support Package in more detail, is released for customers.

In urgent cases the correction instructions can be used.

This note may already be available before the Support Package is released. However, the short text will still contain the words "preliminary version" in this case.