cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding the creation of common jar file ......!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I need to create a new Jar file which consists of the generic code which we can use for connecting to the database. The class in the jar file should have methods like u201CExecuteSelectu201D. u201CExecuteInsertu201D, u201CExecuteDeleteu201D and u201CExecuteUpdateu201D. which should pass the required parameters to these methods so that they can execute the corresponding query. My UDF should use this class file and call the methods above to run any SQL statements.

any one having any idea about how to create the above requirements .....?

Thanks in advance

Aziz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>> class in the jar file should have methods like u201CExecuteSelectu201D. u201CExecuteInsertu201D, u201CExecuteDeleteu201D and u201CExecuteUpdate

For developing your requirement, you can use Eclipse or any other IDE which is supported for writing Java codes. Write the codes of your requirement in IDE and compile it. Make a .jar file of classes. and then create a new Imported archive and upload your .jar file. Then relevent class has to be declared in the import statement. This way you can use your all classes in UDF.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

don't know what kind of java ide do you use but you can always create jar files

with jar utility if you only have the class file

http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/deployment/jar/build.html

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you guys for your valuable points .............it helped me a lot to slove the issue .........!

Thanks & Regards,

Aziz khan.