cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC triggering in RFC to IDocs scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a situation where I need to trigger a rfc from the XI box for the testing the scenario. I have imported the ABAB rfc through external definition in XI box. Actually the rfc will be triggered by a third party java application. But I need to test by manually triggering the rfc in XI box. I have tried using the transaction code SE37 but when I gave the parameters, it says the rfc not found. But it was activated at SAP R/3 side. Please let me know how to trigger the rfc manually in XI box to verify this RFC-IDocs scenario. Your help will be well appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Praveen.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try out Testing the values In abap stack only But creating an Variant "set of input values" and Execute.

Using t-code se37...Provide the RFC and Then Give some test data

Edited by: Sainath Chutke on Jan 29, 2009 10:27 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

Do you want to invoke RFC directly or from XI?

1. You mentioned you are not able to see RFC,Check whether you logged into correct R/3 and client and verify RFC Name is correct.

2. I guess you have configured RFC Sender, as other application will be triggering RFC to XI (mentioned).

So to test that, execute the RFC by providing correct RFC destination name which you have registered in SM59 configured.

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for your reply.

I have configured sender as RFC and receiver as IDoc.

Also I have logged the correct R/3 & client. I was trying with mentioning correct RFC destination.

Please let me know how to trigger rfc from XI box.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

You have to execute the RFC from R/3 not from XI as RFC is sender in your case.

What i understood as of now is that you got the RFC and you want to execute that RFC to send data to XI Correct me if not

If correct proceed like below.

1. Check the configurations are in Place and in working state

R/3 Side - Sm59 ->Test RFC Connection

2. Get the RFC destination configured (progId in SM59) from XI .

3. When you execute your RFC provide the RFC Destination name there.(got from step 2)

HTH

Rajesh

Edited by: Rajesh on Jan 29, 2009 12:23 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From R/3 side it is ok. Since in this scenario the RFC is triggered by third party java application, I am trying to trigger using JCO in XI. But it is giving error by saying login and passwd incorrect even if we give the correct one. Let me know is there any other parameter to be verified to trigger the rfc from xi using JCO. Please help.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hope your scenario is like this

Java App -> RFC -> XI -> IDoc right?

If You want to send the data to XI then need to send data from RFC by providing RFC destination configured.

provide more details of your scenario will help.

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The scenario is a following;

Java application via JCo call RFC->XI>IDOC

But the Following is the trick. We have to make the java application call XI directly, and not the R/3 system.

While configuring the sender RFC adapter the program ID is created pointing to the Gateway of XI's ABAP stack.

We imported the RFC metadata from the R/3 sytem. next we exported this definition as a WSDL file and imported it into XI as an external defintion.

The 3rd party Java application does not have SOAP/HTTP capability. We Still want to use the RFC adapter in the sender side. The scenario is configured now as RFC Sender adapter and IDOC reciever adapter, ( pointing to R/3)

Is there any way that the JCO apis, call the XI system with only the PROGRAM ID and not the physical name of RFC function module.

Is there any other alternative to the above problem.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please let me know the solution/views for the above mentioned situation posted by Abhishek.

Regards,

Praveen.