cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LC10 encounter ERR_NEEDLOGON error

milton_zhu
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am a senior SAP Technical new to LiveCache business. For LiveCache Hot-Standby proof-of-concept test, I am trying to redirect the LC instance of my SCM 4.1 system from the APO/LC shared server (n106lp01) to a dedicated LC server (n1tslp03), which the HA software is installed to control the LC cutover to the Hot-Standby LC instance on the HA cluster node (n1tslp04).

First, I installed LC from the SCM 4.1 installation CD on n1tslp03. The new LC instance have the exactly same SID, patch level, CONTROL, SUPERDBA, and SAPR3 user/password as the original LC instance on n106lp01.

Second, I stopped the original LiveCache from APO LC10 transaction, modified the integration information, which I only changed the LiveCache server name. After I saved the change and bounced the APO system, I got a "-24941, ERR_NEEDLOGON: DBM Server logon required" error when I tried to connect to the new LC instance via LC10 --> Monitoring.

After investigation, I found some unbelievable result:

1. From my APO host, I use dbmcli to test the connection.

dbmcli -d LS0 -n n106lp01 -u sapr3,password

dbmcli -d LS0 -n n1tslp01 -u sapr3,password

Both test successful. I also run the test with user control, the connection are good as well.

2. From the ABAP BGD WP trace, I found the trace log connecting to both LC instance successful. The only difference is, my new LC instance has not been initialized, so the background job run into some problem.

My questions is, I can not figure out why my online connection from LC10 failed? I just wonder maybe some ABAP table need to be updated? But why the background job works fine?

I hope experienced LiveCache developer can help me on this issue.

Thanks,

Milton

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry for not answering sooner. I must really urge you to open an OSS message for your issue. Please use queue BC-DB-LVC.

Regards,

Roland