cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hierarchy In DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir/mam

I m new to DMS so i want to maintain ISO document in hirearchy wise,eg APEX>Quality Manual>Dept Manual.please guide.

regards

kunal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank u

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Along with what Manoj has written I want to add some points:

In Basic data screen go to Extras ->Hierarchy or just press F9 you will find the document Hierarchy, and there in Hierarchy Graphic tap you can view the graphical representation for easy reference.

Please note that unless until all the documents under it are completely released, only then it allows the release of superior document.

Thank you

Regards,

Seema Pilankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per your requirement, APEX>Quality Manual>Dept Manual..

1. you need to fix whether all these documents belong to same document type or different.

2. you need to create document type in DC10 based on requirement, under field selection you need to set display to the hierarchy option available.

3. create all the documents required.

4. you need to start with the lower most document, you need to open the document containing dept manual attachment and under superior document you need to enter the doc type, doc number for Quality manual document.

the same way, next you need to change/open document for quality manual and under superior document you need to give doc type and doc number, doc version/part if any for Apex..

in this way you can maintain the document hierarchy..

hope this helps you.

Thank You,

Manoj

pls consider points if useful..!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal

U can create the new dir/document using tcode cvo1n.

While creating the document you can attach the superior document, but to make the superior document tab visible you have to make it as a display fld while customising the document tyoe in spro->DC10.

Thanks

Prasad

Plz award points if useful.