cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing group transacting for multiple purchasing organizations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement in which i have certain purchasers defined as purchasing groups in my organizational structure. However, these purchasing groups perform sourcing transactions (e.g., bid invitation, auction) for multiple purchasing organizations. In the organizational structure, these purchasing groups are created under an organizational unit that isn't defined as a purchasing organization. They appear "free-floating" since they are not assigned to a particular purchasing organization.

In sourcing transactions (e.g., bid invitation, auction), the list of purchasing groups from which I can choose from depends on the purchasing organization I select. Is there a way to include the "free floating" purchasing groups in the drop-down list?

Thanks and regards,

Joy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joy,

Its difficult to have a P.Grp with out a P.Org assignment.

My idea would be:

Assign this P.Grp to one of the P.Orgs (lets say POrg1). Add the entire root as the responsibility of this P.Grp.

When the Purchasers in this P.Grp create a Bid Invitation, the POrg1 will be defaulted always.

At the time of saving the Bid Invitation, use the "BBP_PGRP_ASSIGN_BADI" BADI to overwrite POrg1 value with any other POrg you desire.

You may test it out.

Cheers,

Akash