cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow with JavaAPI when MDM server is hosted on UNIX Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have MDM SP05 server installed on Unix machine,Can I implement MDM Workflow using JAVA API's (MDM4j.jar) ?

Or Is there any compatibility issue because of Microsoft VISIO and installation of MDM server on UNIX ?

Thanks.

Mandeep.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

In addition, when you check the MDM Installables for UNIX, you will find the list of components available and it contains Java APIs as well.

If you are looking for some specific information related to this, kindly update us..

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Actually my application user has asked for specific workflow implementation I'm just trying to analyze whether we can use MDM workflow or we have to implement our own workflow.

Your inputs are really helpfull in my analysis.

Thanks alot.

Ragards,

Mandeep.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

Though your MDM Server is installed on UNIX machine, in order to work with MDM you need to install the GUI Cleints on Windows machine and MDMWorkflowInstall_ver i.e. workflow engine is the part of GUI Clients. Hence you can use MDM Java APIs and workflow functionality even though MDM Server is on UNIX m/c.

I am also using same landscape i.e. MDM Server on UNIX and Clients on Windows.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Jitesh,

Thanks for the update,but this is the case for using workflow through DataManager.

I wish to know regarding usage through JAVA API's (MDM4j.jar).As in my case I have developed a web based application using JAVA API's for accessing features of MDM(datamanager).

In this application, Can I use MDM Workflow ,through JAVA API's ?

Regards,

Mandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

Yes you can use MDM Java APIs as well. Once your MDM Server is installed and in running state, you can access the Server without bothering whether the server is on UNIX or Windows, similarly you can use all the MDM functionalities irrespective of the platform where the server is installed.

Also in the java code, we never mention the platform, we only pass the MDM Server name and Repository details.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja