cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle reorganization within a Metrocluster

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Does any one has good or bad experiences doing an ORACLE reorganization to an ORACLE DB in a Metrocluster environment?

The database in question has 1,5Tb, oracle 10g.

I also would like to know the size of metrocluster link and if it is in synchronous or asynchronous mode.

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Generally there is no difference doing the reorg in a Metrocluster environnement.

But the disk replication (continouus access link) is slowing down your disk writes. This can be a problem, but you might consider to suspend the link during the reorg time anyway. Gives you more speed, and a backup if something goes wrong.

We are running several large ERP systems on HP-UX, ServiceGuard with Metrocluster with Hitachi XP disks.

I experienced bigger performance issues on the older XP 1024, but the throughput has greatly improved since we upgraded to a XP 24000 lately. All our links are synchronous, as far as i know, that is what a Metrocluster is. I am not sure about the technical layout of the link, but we used to have 4 paths of 2gb fiber in one direction (maybe they were upgraded to 4gb in the mean time). The links are 12-24 km in distance.

Regards, Michael

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We only have 100Mbts. When you have a very high load in one system it will affect the others, in this special case database reorganization will take more time.

Anyway our customer will upgrade the link but not even close to the bandwidth you have.

Thanks