cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

material substitution with more than 2 materials...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus...

Pls guide how to substitute a material with more than one material like 2 or 3 in selection by Material determination...

Thanks in advance,

-baskar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Material Determination is used to swap one material for another.It is possible to get a list of materials for substituiton,but remember you can substitue only one material from the list.

This can be done through substituiton reason T Code [OVRQ]

See the substitution reason number for Manual Material Selection

- check the Entry box

- check the Warning box

- select A for Stategy

- save.

Go To VB11 to create Material Determination (taking into consideration that all the previous steps for material determiantion i.e. maintaining condition types,maintaining procedures for material determination and assigning procedures to sales doc. types have been done)

Create one material determination,dont forget to give the Subst reason on top and also on the line.

Click the Variants Icon on top left-Srceen opens

Specify different materials you want to swap with the material you have enterd

Note that the subst reason is already copied on the screen

Remember materials should be of the same sales area,atleast Divisions should be same.

Regards,

Harish p.

Edited by: harish p on Jan 29, 2009 4:30 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Harish...i got my doubt cleared...

Thanks again,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Do you want to substitute one material with a group of 2 or 3 materials? or do you want to see the allowed substitute materials in a popup and wish to select one among them? Please clarify.

Thanks,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Sorry for replying to a very old thread..

We have similar requirement.

We want a material to be substituted by 2 or more materials depending on ATP check.. We plan to maintain Parent child relationship in a custom table.. System should check requested qty and check child1 material. if the total qty of child1 is less than requested qty, it should propose child2.. so on and so forth till entire qty is confirmed.. It also should propose the child based on oldest GRN batch date..

Any pointers?