cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW for contract Migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We need to move approx 2000 Sales Contracts (VA41) from Legacy system to SAP with LSMW.Could you please suggest

the best way to do that ,Bapi, IDOC or transaction recording.

I will appreciate if you can throw some light on them and guide few steps on them

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. For any migration you should have a cross-reference/mapping between the old and new material, customer, etc. numbers

2. If the "old" number is maintained in SAP, then in LSMW you'll need to add a bit of ABAP code (better ask your ABAP developer) to look up the "new" number.

3. As an alternative or if "old" number is not available in SAP, you can modify the file before loading into SAP and replace old numbers with new numbers.

Regardless of which method you use, you'll need to perform this mapping step if the numbers are not the same.

We did the order data migration through the IDocs, but we have built this interface for the future use in SAP. If you're not planning to use IDocs to load the orders into SAP on a regular basis, it's not worth it.

Recording is the slowest and the least reliable/convenient method. BAPI might be the fastest, but you'll have to develop a custom program and test it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can load Contract document to SAP system through LSMW like any sales documents. There are 4 methods to that.

Ie. Batch/direct

Recording

Bapi

I Doc

Out of this Recording is easy to understand when you are new to LSMW.I would recommend you to use Batch/direct method (0090, 0000 method) for loading Contract order.Try creating the Contract order manually first and note down all the fields which mandatory,and provide it in your upload (tab dltd) file giving importance to date format. Try and error will make you succeed.Some fields which are common in all the records can be inserted as constant value inside the LSMW script with the help of technical person initially.

regards,

harish.

Edited by: harish p on Jan 29, 2009 6:09 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish ,

Thanks for your reply

Just wanted to check if this is correct

You can use the LSMW provided Master Data (material/Customer) and Enterprise Structure data ( Sales Org/Dist Channel/Division/Plant...etc) are identical in both the system ie Legacy and R/3. Eg if 1000 is your Sales Org in Legacy system and if you mapped 1000 in R/3 then LSMW is the best option.

But if name of the data are different in both system then, I will suggest you should go for BAPI.

Regards,

Komal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Komal,

You may very well upload Sales Contracts with Transaction: LSMW.

If, you are already experienced with LSMW, it would be great; else, refer to following link:

[LSMW|http://www.sap-img.com/sap-data-migration.htm]

Within this file, You will find:

[LSMW Steps for data Migration|http://www.sap-img.com/general/lsmw-steps-for-data-migration.htm]

Important:

1. In all, there are 14 steps, need to be recorded for Transaction VA41.

2. Data will be uploaded via File Format: tab delimited

Best Regards,

Amit

Note: Just for further reference:

[Other Methods for Data Migration|http://www.sap-img.com/general/what-are-the-methods-to-migrate-data-from-a-legacy-system-to-sap.htm]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for your reply,

My contracts have item we are using VC here in each contract there are are alot of item with different charectristics sone have foor and some have 10 like that in that case is it possible to migrate with LSMW

will the recording method still work,Appreciate yiour helpful reply

Thanks Komal