cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First steps in Linux; PlatinGUI configuration problem;

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there SAPpeople.

I decided to give Linux a try and at beginning I've got a small problems with Platin

GUI.

When I give 'New' connection, window with connection cofiguration appears. I give Description, Connection Type but ...

... when I want to se System, Group/Server or Router list boxes are empty, and when I want to give some value into System field, then press enter - System field is cleared and still becomes empty. ..

Could You give me some tip how to configure my connection? There is an Expert mode in tab Advanced, but I'd like to do this in Standard mode

I'd be thankful for tips. Greetings. P.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Piotr,

I'm using the PlatinGUI on Linux as well. I never used the standard way to create systems. The most easy way is:

[New] -> /Advanced| -> conn=/H/<hostname>/S/32<SysNR>

Then give a description and [Save]

A sample entry (System BEN with Nr 00 on liciben) for me looks like:

Description: "[BEN] on liciben"

conn=/H/liciben/S/3200

Thanks,

Hannes

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to add to Hannes reply. All connection settings are stored in ~/.SAPGUI/connections file ...personally I find it easier to edit that file directly and just add all my connections in one go.

The file uses the following syntax:

description:conn=/H/<hostname>/S/32<sys-nr>

Just add them one line under the other and they will all appear in the logon pad.

Regards,

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

The permissions of your user ID in OS is too low.

Add the user ID into root group in Linux, or add the ID into admnistrators group in Windows.

Wensent