cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heuristics not deleting previous results

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We are facing a serious issue. We have the Distribution Receipt ( Planned ) Kf populated with some past orders for a location ABC

Now there is no demand at ABC. Hence ideally when I run the heuristics now, it should delete these past receipt elements .

But it is not doin so. The orders still remain in APO. These are not fixed orders.

Any idea, how is that.

Thanks

Ameet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet,

Please check on the following things.

1) When you are scheduling the heuristic run using transaction /n/sapapo/snp01, ensure that the radio button is on "Entire planning horizon".

2) In the same transaction, ensure that no tick is made on "Net change planning"

3) Before start of the planning run, use /n/sapapo/rlcdel to delete past orders present if any which will clean up the livecache and database.

Please confirm.

Regards,

R. Senthil mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

Thanks a lot for your inouts. Actually I could rectify this issue. It as a DC which had forecast ealier, hence heuristics had planned for Distr Receipt planned from the Source location. This source location was obselete. Hence we blocked the product from this lane and also blocked all Means of Transport on this lane. This was what which was causing problems.

Blocking the product on Transportation lane was not the issue. But blocking all Means of Transport on the lane was causing this issue.

Once I activated all means of transport on this lane on this old lane, and re-run the heuristics, it successfully deleted all the past orders from Distribution Receipt Planned key figure. This is a new learninf for today

Thanks

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet,

Is the ABC plant or a DC? Since you are saying that "Distribution Receipt ( Planned ) Kf populated with some past orders for a location ABC" I am taking this for a plant. Then I get confused with your statement "Now there is no demand at ABC". The qty. in your distributed demand (planned) is one of your demands. I am guessing you meant that there no forecast.

By the way the system does not delete previous orders and recreate them during any SNP Heuristic run where as the PPDS one does delete and recreate.

Can you please confirm if you are talking about SNP or PPS heuristic?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please make sure if those orders do not lie within

1. SNP Production Horizon/Stock Transfer Horizon (for SNP)

2. PPDS Planning Time fence (for PPDS)

Heuristics does not plan those orders. And also please make sure if those orders are not manually created.