cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive Link

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

my client hada requiremnt to store all HR docs...................

so we are planning to implement Archive Link. we are using ECC 6.0 ,so i satrted learnig about this.

in th first step itself it says Storage System be connected to Archive Link Interface 4.5, but i wanted to store all this in SAP R/3 database itself?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What i understand is you want to archive HR docs using HR related archiving objects and you also intend to store all the archived HR docs on your local SAP R/3 system....if this is true, then you need to customize your archiving object with the logical file name as ARCHIVE_DATA_FILE instead of ARCHIVE_DATA_FILE_WITH_ARCHIVE_LINK.

Alsom some customizations have to be made in the transaction code OAC0 for the content repositories..please check..u need to specify the local SAP system file path.

If my thinking is wrong, then you need to get in touch with your Basis team for establishing link from your SAP system to the storage system through SAP Archive Link. They ll take care of this.

Thanks,

Shamim

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SAP content server (or suitable content server) should always be used for archivelink. I suggest you rethink your strategy around the use of the database.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Novice,

Please check this link of mine in the forum..

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=21553827&messageID=6698593

Hope its useful.

Thanks,

Paddy