Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internationalization - files Properties

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a doubt!

I have an application of webdypro and I'm worked with internationalization;

I used files: *_en.properties, *_fr.properties, etc.

If I change my properties files, Is necesary make "deploy and run" my application?

Is there a way of change the properties files, without having that "deploy and run"? and read the properties files with the changes.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sanyev
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

I am afraid that is not possible. Any changes to files in your deployment package has to be deployed for the changes to reflect at run time.

If you are storing your properties files in a remote location and then from your webdynpro application accessing the properties files from that remote location might work. Normally we don't do that. All i18N files go with the package and hence has to be deployed.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sanyev

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

it will be possible if u dont put your property file in webdynpro....

if u put your property file in server or KM then u do not need to deploy the application again ..

just you open the property file and change the value...no need to touch application

Former Member
0 Kudos

And exactly where I put the properties file? and How upload the file?

greetings

sanyev
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

Why is it that you don't want to deploy the application? You have some restrictions? What every approach your take nothing can be done with out changing the code and redeploying. It is always better to have the internationalization files along with the package.

You can store the properties files on there server where you have read/write access and you can read the properties files from those location. You have to make sure that the properties files are copied to the server location on your production since the file will not be part of the transport process.

I would not recommend storing the properties files elsewhere. Please state the reason why you want to change the properties files without deployment. May be we can come up with an alternate approach.

Regards,

Sanyev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Removed by: J.V. Lebbink on Jan 29, 2009 1:36 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I'm using file properties to change the languages.

then, you say that I have to deploy the application for that to be reflected the changes makes in the properties files?

Regards

sanyev
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

If your properties files are part of your webdynpro application then you have to deploy for any changes to take effect. if you are reading the properties files from a specific location of your production server then changing the properties files in that location will do. Normally all properties files will be part of the webdynpro package and hence should be deployed.

Regards,

Sanyev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Louis,

I think it wudnt be possible..

for changes u need to save n deploy it..

Regards

Khushboo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

Whatever changes you make in the *.properties files are there at the client (developer) machine and not on the server. To enable those changes on the server you need to deploy your application on the server. Unless you deploy the application the changes won't take effect.

When you run the application, the deployed wda package is executed which will also include the properties file and then runs that application. This all happens on the server only.

Regards.

Rajat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any way to modify the wda package on the server ?