cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update WSDL of destination template

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Iu2019m accessing a service in VC 7.1 using the destination template (with WSDL URL) and have to problem that it doesnu2019t show new functions of the service after the service changes and some of the new parameters on existing functions are not displayed. What I already tried to get the service information updated is:

- Choosing refresh in the search panel (right mouse button on the icon)

- Logout of VC and login again

- For functions with new parameters I chose reimport in the u201CRedefine Portsu201D dialog

- Edit and save the information of the destination template

- Deleting and recreating the destination template

- And even restarting NetWeaver

I checked the WSDL URL, the content of the WSDL and the login information and all seems to be correct.

Any ideas how to update the information?

Regards,

Tarik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tarik,

Known probelm with 7.1

Create a new destination everytime this problem occurs. And go to Manage System Aliases in Tools tool bar and have the old destination replaced with the new one, and you could continue to use the same destination.

Regards,

Vani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vani

This didn't seem to work for me... First try was to create the new destination template without changes to the service and the WSDL URL, which didn't work. After I tried to rename the service (which results in a new WSDL URL) and I renamed the port and created a new destination template with the changed service. But both didn't have any effect at all... I really am getting a bit confused, what VC is doing with the WSDLu2026 I even got a new error when I chose u201Creimportu201D in the u201CRedefine Portsu201D dialog. There it logged on the server side, that a one of the destination templates is no longer registered (Logical Target MyVeryOldDT not mapped to a physical system).

Thanks anyhow

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tarik,

It is rather strange that you do not see the new service or newly added parameters. What are the services built on?

What I normally do is, either it is the new parameters to the existing service or a new service which is being added to the same destination, place one of the service form that destination in the model and redefine it ports and then delete it (only if that service is not required). For new service then, I click on refresh and then I see the list also with new service. Before doing this you can also check with WS navigator if you see the extra parameters or the new service there already or not.

Let me know if it helps.

Regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmi

Iu2019m using EJB 3 to build the service. Calling the service with WS Navigator works fine. I tried refreshing the service and reimporting the port but both didnu2019t work (redefine even resulted in a very strange message on the server side as described in my post above). The input message of the operation looks like this:

<xs:complexType name="myOperation">

<xs:sequence>

<xs:element name="principalName" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0"/>

<xs:element name="principalType" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0"/>

<xs:element name="bc" type="tns:bcBa" minOccurs="0"/>

</xs:sequence>

</xs:complexType>

VC seems to ignore the principalName and principalType parameters and only shows the bc parameter.

Regards,

Tarik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tarik,

I also build web service with EJB 3.0 and they seem to work seamlessly. PrincipalName and PrincipalType are just plain string parameters, it is strange that VC would ingnore those.

Did you ever use any of the service from the WSDL/ Destination template from VC before or you are using it for the first time?

Regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmi

I actually have got a second service running which has got a very similar interface and that service works fine and also updated correctly. This second service doesnu2019t seem to work anymore in VC, although it is has got the identical interface except of the structure of the BC parameter. Other operations of the same service, which also have got more than one parameter work fine.

Regards,

Tarik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tarik,

The scond service which worked earlier and the other serivce that work fine, Are they all in the same destination template?

Regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody

Thank you for your help. I found a u201Csolutionu201D (very ugly, but it works). Remember, that I got an error, when I chose u201Creimportu201D in the u201CRedefine Portsu201D Dialog. This error message contained a name of an old, already deleted destination template. I created a new destination template with the same name and the current WSDL URL and then the reimport worked (without using this destination template in VC) and the parameters showed up. Iu2019ve got no idea whether this is going to work in the productive and integration test stage or for further services but I hope it won't cause any problems until the worst VC bugs are fixedu2026

Regards,

Tarik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perhaps you need to restart the Portal-Connector which apparently caches the parsed WSDL-contents:

logon to NetWeaver Administrator

- Configuration Management

- Inftrastructure

- Application Modules

- Start & Stop: Java EE Applications

-> com.sap.portal.connectors.ws

hth,

Kai