cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

opatch installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Recently i have applied OPatches and when applying the opatches i have stopped only db and applied opatches, but didn't stop the SQL, will that have any affect on the system.But the OPatches are successfully applied.

Thanks,

ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ram

Issuing the command Shutdown in sql prompt is sufficient enough. You can apply the OPatch after that. No repercursion should occur

Lokesh

SwapnilkumarL1
Participant
0 Kudos

hello guys

I have recently applied oracle patch set to Oracle 9.2.0.8 from 9.2.0.2, i ran checkdb after that it gave some ORA_00600 errors however it being a quality system i ran update stats immediately & then following checkdb, it did not give that error.

Now i have one concern that my quality system is having CI & DB instance running on single physical host & have no applications so do i need to install the Oracle 64 bit client for 9.2.0.8.

Also do i need to apply optach for this 9.2.0.8,if yes what are those & how to apply them.

Kindly help asap

Regards

SM

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ram,

sorry i don't understand your question.

> I have stopped only db and applied opatches, but didn't stop the SQL, will that have any affect on the system

What is SQL?

If you shutdown the database and applied the patches everything is fine. Please also read the README.txt for every patch, if you have to do some manual tasks.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I mean to say before applying the opatches i have used stopdb to stop the database, i didn't use shutdown immediate in sql. so my question is will that have effect in not using the shutdown immediate before applying the opatches. But i have installed opatches.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

stopdb should stop the DB, no?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

As ora<sid> you can do

opatch lsinventory

to list the installed patches.

If you see the patches then It's OK.

Bear in mind that you can use MOPATCH to apply a large number of oracle patches.

Cheers,