cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test communication from SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

XI experts,

Is there any way to test communication with the configured system (third party / SAP) from SLD itself?

When we create a RFC destination in SM59 , we have facility of testing connection with the target system there itself. Is there similar functionality available with SLD?

Regards,

Amol

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you definetly have to configure the communication channel without which you cannot test end to end connection.

sldcheck will only tell you wether the details are consistent.

You cannot test it like RFC...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi amol,

to have a connection with a taget system a seperate communication channel has to be created.so i dont think u can test ur coommunication channel from a SLD,it can be done only through RWB.

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried out sldcheck?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sravya,

This is not exactly what we want.If I am not wrong, this only checks the connection from ABAP stack to SLD , does it?

Ill try to be more clear on the question.

1. In the SLD , I create a third party business / technical system

2. I need to verify if SLD is able to connect to these systems , there and then only instead of creating the complete scenario and then only check for any communication errors.

Any pointers?

Regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Adding to what others have said ,

"Call transaction SLDCHECK to make sure that you established a connection between the Integration Server and the System Landscape Directory during the post-installation steps described in the Installation Guide – SAP Exchange Infrastructure 3.0. The system displays a log that lists the current configuration data, the function test results, errors, and notes for checking. Use this log to verify that the connection works properly. Furthermore, make sure that you have defined the following RFC destinations for the connection between the Integration Server and the SLD:

• LCRSAPRFC • SAPSLDAPI The program ID (LCRSAPRFC_<SID> or SAPSLDAPI_<SID>, respectively) must correspond to an entry under JCo RFC provider for the SAP J2EE Engine."

Did you see this part in configuration guide, Correct me if i am mistaken with your requirement.

Regards,

Anirban.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just forgot this, Did you see the how to guide? How to handel SLD AND XI.

https://websmp106.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01200252310000071155&_SCENARIO=011000358700000002...

May be you get a bigger picture from the document.

Anirban.