cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping cart in SAP ERP 2006 possible ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have just joined to a new srm project.

My Customer has implemented srm4.0 and wants to get rid of the server.

he asked me for possibilities to create shopping carts in sap erp system.

He mentioned with new enhancement package 4 for sap erp ( Scenario procurement 2 pay ) this will be possible.

Have you ever heard about a possibility to create a catalog and also a shopping cart in erp system ?

I have never heard about that.

Thanks for help.

regards uwe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

SRM add-on ERP is available with following combination.

ERP 6.0 - SRM 5.0

ERP 6.0 PhP4 - SRM 7.0

SRM Classic scenario runs on ERP Server.

ERP 6.0 itself has catalog connection from PS,PM,MM transactions without SRM.

WebDynpro MM screens are available in ERP 6.0 EhP3.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Masa,

If I understand you right:

The combinition ERP 6.0 with EHP and SRM 7.0 is also an ERP Add on meaning SRM is running in an own client on erp server. I only find this constellation with srm add on 5.0.

Is this right ?

Do you have information about sap documentation about that - I onliy find that with srm 5.0

Do you know how to find an implemantation guide for srm 7.0 as client on erp server.

Many thanks

regard uwe

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, that's right. Configuration step is same as SRM50 add-on. You need additional Portal and XI configuration for SRM70. You can find more information with keyword "SRM Add-On" or "SRM@ERP".

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1263876

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/853651

Regards,

Masa

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Uwe,

I do not think this is possible. I say this because of underlying foundation of SRM-EBP. I do not believe processes such as the interfaces and ITS could be made to work on the ERP system. Also, as the customer upgrades to SRM 5.0 or SRM 7.0, do you really want a portal with direct access to the ERP system.

I think the customer is trying to save on small costs as compared to the costs on developing and supporting such a modified system especially when it comes to upgrades and SAP support.

Regards, Dean.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am of the same opinion. SAP Documentation says about this topic with ehp4 some portal roles were served integrating srm and erp to one interface. this makes sense to me

but my sales collegues does not believe that. they are thinking - ehp serves a shoping cart function and a catalog function.

for me unbelieveable.

thanks for your help.

regards uwe