cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get connection between VC and back end ABAP system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm developing the kits in the VC platform, and I need to access the back end system designed by ABAP. For example, the system provides some public functions(not web services), and I hope when I click the "search" button, the VC front can call the remote functions and get the data from the back end system. In addition to that, the most important is I must keep the connection real-time. How can I do it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Easy one (if you just want to build a model that connects to an ABAP system): create a connection to your ABAP-system in the portal, then VC will also see it abd appear in the data service panel. There you search for RFCs.

Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help. At present, my VC version is 7.1.4 which isn't installed in the portal server but in local machine, and I'm new in the VC. What I want is when I click the "search" button(in the properties pannel), I can get the data from the remote server. I know the VC 6 provides similar functions, but the current version doesn't. Could you explain the details of how to get and keep the connection between them? Thanks so much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you on the pilot release of VC? That release sites on the server side. You can map connections to R3 on the Portal, because the Portal's system aliases are where you search for data services, similar to VC 6.0.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

The remote functions are supported by a module designed with ABAP, it's not deployed in the local machine, maybe not a part of R3 either.

If I send a http request from the VC server to the remote server who provides the functions, for example, use the servlet, and then the remote server call the functions with the JCO technology, I don't know whether the process will be OK or not.