cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW2004s Upgrade with External Facing ITS 6.2 Web-site

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We are in the process of planning the NW 2004s upgrade and looking for all the dependencies of the system.

At this moment we have BW 3.1 System that we are planning to upgrade to NW 2004s. We also have one External facing website that is connected to ITS 6.2 System. This we site was created for Customers to directly Enter Sales Orders in R/3 system. This web-site also has access to BW Reports using one Menu Role

https://www.xxxx.com/scripts/wgate/webfrc/!?_function=webquery&template_id=ZROLE_MENU

Please note that is on external facing website and using WebRFC service.

As per the OSS note 865853 WebRFC is not possible with NW2004s.

So my Question is what needs to be done to make these reports accessible via external Web-site after the upgrade.

I am also aware of the fact that Role Menu Item is no longer available in NW 2004s. And we have to use Portal iView Role.

How will it all this work with respect to External ITS system?

This project can’t wait to replace or upgrade of ITS System? Implementation of external facing portal is not an option as it will delay our BI upgrade significantly.

Pankaj Gupta

( I have duplicated this from NW 2004s Forum to make sure I can bring this in front of ITS Experts)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member228142
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

I would suggest to create a OSS message on component BW-BEX-ET-WEB and ask for a replacement of this functionality based on a supported technology in Netweaver 2004s.

Best regards,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I did some more research.

Let me clarify one more point. We do not want to use WebRFC function in Integrated ITS. Idea is to keep ITS 6.2 as it is and connect and upgrade BI system to NW2004s. Continue to use BW Reports from ITS 6.2.

What makes me nervous is following comment at ITS FAQ.

https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01200252310000058983

9. Is ITS 6.20 supported with 7.0 kernel?

No. Due to incompatible changes in 7.0 kernel, unfortunately it is not possible to connect ITS 6.20 against systems with kernel 7.00

Can some please verify this? This will be a showstopper for NW2004s Upgrade project for us. Replacing ITS will be very big initiative and as a BI group we can’t drive the project.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Pankaj

Answers (0)