cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clicking on error message should highlight the respective UI element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My requirement is to focus the respective UI element upon clicking the error messge raised for an attribute. I have used 'CALL METHOD lo_message_manager->report_attribute_error_message' by exporting the element and attribute name. This method works fine incase of InputField type UI element.

But i cant find this kind of help incase of DropDownbyIndex, RadioButtonGroupByKey etc..

If anyone has any clue/solution please let me know .

Thanks in Advance

M.Ashok

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try this way.

When you use the Dropdown by Key or Radiobuttongroup, create a node and bind it to the UI element

property for selected keys.

On the action on the UI element, Read the node and the elements if any.

Use the method REPORT_ELEMENT_ERROR_MESSAGE or REPORT_ATTRIBUTE_ERROR_MESSAGE and give the respective element and the attibute of the node to which you want to show the message.

I donot know the exact requirement of yours. stil you can do this way.

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi lekha,

I was doing the samething. But when errors are related to the UI elemnent of type DDI,/RadioButtonGroupByKey, error messages are not displayed as links. Whereas errors related to UI element of type InputField, error messages are displayed as links and upon clicking them they highlight the respective InputField UI element along with the error message below that i/p field box.

For your information, I'm doing all validations in WDDOBEFOREACTION method and displaying the error messages using the method 'REPORT_ATTRIBUTE_ERROR_MESSAGE'. Surprisingly this method is not working fine when i pass the attribute name to which an UI element of type DDI is bound.