cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message packaging

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm sending employee joining details from sap to thirdparty.I'm using sender side RFC Adapter,reciever side JDBC adapter.We have rfc function module.These function module sends employees joining details.Daily no of employees joining.The rfc scedeuled daily once.The rfc sends all the records once.Suppose rfc send 10 records for a day.In that 2 record got error.Remains all are struct.How i will solve these problem.How i will send one by one record and only stop error record.please help on this.

Thanks

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

In my opinion you can handle the situation more efficiently in R3 rather in XI.

In R3 side do the proper validation in your RFC code, so that whenever your message gets into error then you should stop the message to send into XI and secondly you should get a proper message in spool list (in SM36 where you have scheduled the job to run the RFC program). Once you get the proper message in spool then you can correct the errors and then reschedule the job to send the data to XI.

But in XI if your mapping gets fail due to some reason may be because of wrong data then you have to re-send the data from R3 again. You can not sent the data one by one from XI in this situation.

P.S. It is not a good idea to call the JDBC Database for each record. The performance will go down drastically in case of high volume of data.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

You have to do 1..n mapping here. So your Mapping will have Sender RFC occurrence 0...1 and Receiver JDBC structure 0...unbounded. For each RFC you will get 10 database calls. By doing that you can send one record at a time and thus detect the erroneous entries separately.

Regards

Arpil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for suggestion.But in my rfc structure occurence is 0..unbound.How i will make it as 0..1.When i'm importing rfc it shows occurence is 0..unbound.

Pls help on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Even then you can create receiver JDBC structure for each set of value...

Regards

Arpil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Simple , u r import parameters are in the form of structure and u declared under Table "tab" while creating RFC so while importing u get 0..oubound

Kindly decl u r paramters in the import tab iinstead of table , and reimport u will get 0.1 cardinality

thx

rgds

srini