cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Infrastructure 2.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a requirement to setup Mobile Asset Management for Utilities environment.

Systems :

SAP R3 Enterprise 47x200 SR1 - WebAS 620

Now to get started we need MI 2.5 and MAM 1.0 SR3. How do i go about the installation process.

For MI 2.5 Middleware we need WebAS 640.

1. Do i install WebAS 640 abap+java on middleware ?

2. Is Mobile Engine 2.5 a separate component or part of WebAS 640 install ?

3. What configurations i have to carry out on the Middleware and backend ?

thanks

Regards

Nainesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nainesh,

1. Yes. You have to install WebAS 640 abap + java on the middleware. This will from the server part

2. You have to install a MI client (recommended SP14) on a PDA, laptop or a PC which will then act as your client device. You will find it at service.sap.com/swdc

3. Kindly download the MI installation guide (SP14) from service.sap.com which will give all the configurations required.

Make sure that that your client SP level is never higher than that of the server.

Since you want to setup MAM, you will also have to download MAM2.5 (recommended) from service.sap.com/swdc.

Kindly download the installation n configuration guides for the same from the site.

All the best!!!

Regards,

Rahul

If this helps, don't forget my points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information guys. I believe i am on the right track then.

Rahul - can you clarify what you mean by the client SP level shouldn't be more than the server ?.

Thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello nainesh,

MI 2.5 client has SP13, SP14, SP15 levels. so the client SP

level should be the same(recommended) and/or lower than the SP level of your middleware.

client SP15 and middleware SP13 will cause some problems.

i would recommend making your client and server SP level

consistent.

regards

jo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jo,

Are you talking about the J2ee engine patch level for the client and server, or 'm i missing something. Is there any MI component i need to install on Middleware, like a addon or something.

thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stefan_schwing
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

the MI client (the piece of software which is installed on the mobile device) has the same SP levels as ABAP and java stack. Basically make sure that the SP of your client mathces the SP of the server.

On the middleware (ABAP and JAVA stack) you do not need to install any addon, MI is an integral part of NetWeaver.

Cheers, Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Appreciate your help guys...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

1. Do i install WebAS 640 abap+java on middleware ?

yes.. u need to install WebAS 640(abap+java) which acts as a middleware.

2. Is Mobile Engine 2.5 a separate component or part of WebAS 640 install ?

yes... Right now it is known as MI(Client) 2.5... u have to install it separately

3. What configurations i have to carry out on the Middleware and backend ?

Check out this link for configuring your middleware and MAM in backend..

https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000591424&_SCENARIO=011000358700000002...

let me know for more details

Regards,

Sakthi.