cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sproxy to SOAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am working on a existing Proxy to SOAP scenario and have a query on the interface.

I am supposed to add two fields to the data type in XI and regenerate the proxy program in R/3.

Now how does the following actions affect the existing database table names in R/3 system

1) what happens to the names of the existing data structures when i regenerate the proxy at Outbound message Interface level?

2) what happes to the names of the exisitng structures when i regenerate the proxy at Data type level?

Eg: Data type has Emp Name, Emp Address, Emp Payroll as existing nodes.A new node called Emp Hobbies is supposed to be added which should contain two fields called Personal & Professional. Earlier each node used to refer the data structure of R/3 as follows ;

Emp name - ZABC_PQR_Employee_Emp

Emp Address - ZABC_PQR_Employee_Emp1

Emp Payroll - ZABC_PQR_Employee_Emp2

So when i regenerate the proxy as asked above, Does the Structure names change ?

If yes , In which case the names get changed?

Appreciate your answers

Please post a message for further clarification or if the information provided above is insuffiecient...Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ragha,

if you create a Data Type Enhancement instead of changing the already existing Data Type, when you regenerate the Proxy it will add an ABAP Append Structure to the existing Structure in the Proxy instead of regenerating the existing structure.

Check this link: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/a8/bfc6373c8fea43bdb3541535bcbd43/frameset.htm

Regards,

Henrique.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>what happens to the names of the existing data structures when i regenerate the proxy at Outbound message Interface level?

Nothing, if you just added a node

>what happes to the names of the exisitng structures when i regenerate the proxy at Data type level?

Nothing, if you just added a node

The names of the proxy structures change, if you change the name of XML schema nodes.

You need just regenerate the whole proxy and add the required ABAP code in your calling programm to fill the new fields.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Udo,

Unfortunately, i have to say you that the structure names have changed.

As part of developing the object i added the new node to the data type and Activated the object.

In the R/3 system, i have regenerated the Data tpye instead of Message Interface without my knowledge.

Later i came to know about the right way and regenerated the message interface and activated the proxy.

Back in the ABAP calling program, it showed an new syntax error which is related to the Data structure naming conflict. When i did an analysis i found that the data structed names got changed.

1) But i am not sure when did this change happened at the data type level or message interface level?

So before the proxy generation if the Emp Name was referring to ZABC_PQR_Employee_EMP1,

after the generation it got changed and referred to ZABC_PQR_Employee_EMP2.

2) Does this mean every time i add new node to the data type and run the proxy this structres change?

or is it just because i regenerated the data type which i am not supposed to do?

By the way the term "Node" here refers to : Emp name, emp address, Emp Payroll and Emp hobbies ....apologise if that has misleaded you....

EMP_DT

Emp Name

First Name

Last Name

Emp Address

line_1

line_2

Emp Payroll

Basic

HRA

Emp Hobbies

Private

Professinal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Udo,

Unfortunately, i have to say you that the structure names have changed.

As part of developing the object i added the new node to the data type and Activated the object.

In the R/3 system, i have regenerated the Data tpye instead of Message Interface without my knowledge.

Later i came to know about the right way and regenerated the message interface and activated the proxy.

Back in the ABAP calling program, it showed an new syntax error which is related to the Data structure naming conflict. When i did an analysis i found that the data structed names got changed.

1) But i am not sure when did this change happened at the data type level or message interface level?

So before the proxy generation if the Emp Name was referring to ZABC_PQR_Employee_EMP1,

after the generation it got changed and referred to ZABC_PQR_Employee_EMP2.

2) Does this mean every time i add new node to the data type and run the proxy this structres change?

or is it just because i regenerated the data type which i am not supposed to do?

By the way the term "Node" here refers to : Emp name, emp address, Emp Payroll and Emp hobbies ....apologise if that has misleaded you....

EMP_DT

-

Emp Name

-

First Name

-

Last Name

-

Emp Address

-

line_1

-

line_2

-

Emp Payroll

-

Basic

-

HRA

-

Emp Hobbies

-

Private

-

Professinal

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The existing proxy structures would be overwritten.

Regards,

Prateek