cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc reimport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Scenario is Idoc->XI->File. Now Idoc name and segments inside IDoc got chaged. Now I have to re-import the Idoc from SAP into XI. If I re-import IDOC, the message mapping will be go off?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If the root node name was changed (as you said that IDOC name changed) you can keep you existent mapping using mapping template. For this purpose you have to select next after root elements in IDOC create message templates for them and implement for new IDOC in message mapping.

BR,

Dzmitry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please explain me how to keep my old mapping thru mapping template concept?

Thanks

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Naresh, as I said earlier, the mapping won't be lost.

Still if you want to create template, in message mapping, select source and target root nodes -> Select option "Create Template based on message" (or some similar name) in the above pane.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Now Idoc name and segments inside IDoc got chaged. Now I have to re-import the Idoc from SAP into XI. If I re-import IDOC, the message mapping will be go off?

What do you mean by IDoc name got changed, plz give the example.

If you mean before you were using "ABC" idoc and then later decided to use "XYZ" idoc then definelty YES, your mapping will go off.

I think I misunderstood the question. Actually you are not using new imported idoc in your mapping, and hence your mapping will remain as it is.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Edited by: Sarvesh Singh on Jan 28, 2009 8:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The mapping will not be lost and if you want to store the mapping u can store it in mapping template.

before run your scenario first you have to reimport the meta data of the IDOC and then run your scenario.

Regards,

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

If there are major changes then mapping will get lost if changes are minor like addition/removal of segments mapping will stay remain

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

No it wud not get change in mapping extra source fields of idoc wud be present need to mapped extra as per u r target design.

rgds

srini

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No. Unless the root node names are same, the mapping won't get lost. You may try it. If in case you feel some discripancies, you may reject change.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Mapping will remain for all the existing target feilds.

Regards

Sunil.