cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI on XI without using SeeBurger Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're about to begin a project to do EDI on XI. We'd like to know about all options we have in addition to just using the recommended SeeBurger EDI adapter. We have a 3rd party middleware tool we could use as well. We'd like to leverage the knowledge we already have in this product. Let me know if this is a feasible architecture.

- XI handles all the SAP communication.

- 3rd party middleware vendor tool handles all EDI mappings, and also handles all communication with partners via AS2, FTP, etc.

- Communication between XI and 3rd party middleware is accomplished thru SOAP/web services or direct HTTP calls.

Under this architecture, i'm not exactly sure what XI buys us as we could communicate directly to SAP without XI but lets leave it as is for now.

Is this a feasible option?? Assume the extra development of the maps is not a major consideration since our business requirements would cause us to modify any out of the box mappings SeeBurger would provide anyway.

Has anyone else implemented EDI via an adapter outside of SeeBurger's??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello

ur architecture seems to be ok becuase as of now i have'nt heard of XI supporting AS2 features..i guess u can configure a partner in XI in configuration builder and then create a communication channel for the same with the transport protocol as HTTP or SOAP.u can apply security over here by configuring necessary certificates..

regarding XI usage goes what third party middleware ur using..check whether it offers flexible mapping capabilities like XI (with GUI maps, XSLT or Java maps etc) or BPM capabilities (which u may require in future) and message persistence capabilities etc..

also now XI is free with NetWeaver 2004s licence.

Regards

Rajeev