cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am using multi mapping. i.e., with in a single message mapping i am manipulating 3 files. At receiver, we have to generate the target file name dynamically.

The problem is,

I have used this dynamic configuration for all the three messages. But all the three files are getting generated with the same name i.e., the dynamic configuration used at last.

How to solve this problem? Can any one help me please...

Thanks in advance.

-Naresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very Varun....

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SEEBURGER SFTP Adapter supports setting the filename using dynamic attributes (aka adapter specific properties). You can set these properties either in your mapping or in the module chain (e.g AttribMapper of SEEBURGER).

Use the dynamic attribute dtSubject in namespace http://seeburger.com/xi/SFTP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

Dynamic Configuration will not work when you are using multi-mapping. The only thing you can do to create file name dynamically is to use VariableSubstitution. But this is also not possible in your case as you are not using a file adapter. So the better option is to go with 3-different mappings instead of multimapping.

This will solve your problem.

Regards,

Ramkiran.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yah ramkiran,

But the problem is, one of the field from source message1 is used in three target messages. So i cant split that mapping into three..

Please help me..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok guys,

Then, can anybody tell me how to use value mapping for file name?

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well Naresh,

I believe a bpm with three multi mappings inside a fork is a way out.

Else, you will have to write a module in the receiver adapter to set the adapter spec attribute inside it.

Regards

Varun

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dynamic configuration is applicable to the entire message. Hence you're facing this problem.

The only way to overcome this is to have one additional xmlnode in the three data types and use vaiable substitution in your file channel to get the filename.

Regards

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your idea varun,

But the problem is the receiver channels are not file adapters. I am using seeburger's SFTP adapter. There we dont have this option of variable substitution.

So, what to do? any idea regarding this..?

Regards,

Naresh

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

you can create 3 inbound interfaces which you refer at interface determination. And of course 3 receiver agreements and 3 adapters.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry boss,

I didnt understand..

Any whay i am using 3 outbound and 3 inbound interfaces, 3 interface det., 3 receiver agreements.. and three communication channels....

-Naresh

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

aeh, you wrote:

>am using multi mapping.

For what do you have 3 outbound interfaces?

>I have used this dynamic configuration for all the three messages. But all the three files are getting generated with the same name i.e., the dynamic configuration used at last.

If you use already 3 channels, why dont you put there 3 different static parts of the filename?

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since all the three input structures are different, i have used 3 different outbound interfaces.

and more over, one of the fields from the input structure is the part of the target file name. so i cant give it as static

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm kinda confused with your requirement..

Pl temme if i understand this correctly,

You have 3 messages at source, you use multimapping three times to generate three diff messages at target with one multimap for one target message..

Am I correct in this?

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

why do you call the thread "multi mapping"?

>one of the fields from the input structure is the part of the target file name. so i cant give it as static

This is called dynamic..

I dont know, what your problem is. If you have 3 adapters, why do you have a problem with same filenames?

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Varun,

Three source messsages and three target messages.

The first node value of the source message1 will be the second node value of all the three target messages.

So, in one message mapping itself i used all the three messages.

Now you got it?

The same node value from source message1 should be the part of the three target file names.

So, i used dynamic configuration three times.

But when i did end to end test, all the three files are creating with same name.

I explained you almost full scenario..