cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception -CSoapExceptionTransport while testing SM59 ADS SSL connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have configured SSL to access ADS from ABAP environment.

I get the following exception when testing ADS SSL connection using report FP_PDF_TEST_00.

ERROR CODE : 100.101

ERROR MESSAGE : SOAP Runtime Exception: CSoapExceptionTransport : HTTP receive failed with exception communication_failure

SOAP Framework error: SOAP Runtime Exception: CSoapExceptionTransport : HTTP receive failed with exception communication_failure(100.101)

Any idea about the cause of this exception.

I have verified all the steps involved in configuring SSL but am not able to figure out what is missing.

Thanks,

Chitrali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

SM59 ADS connection test does not return any error. When I use the test program FP_PDF_TEST_00, it returns above mentioned SOAP exception.

I checked the default trace file, nothing is logged there.

I am using self signed certificate, would it be the cause of problem?

Thanks.

Chitrali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Yes I have completed all the steps mentioned in the blog. I did not have the SAP cryptographic library on ABAP stack. Hence had to perform a few additional steps to install it and had to setup SSL Client PSE to create self signed SSL client certificate to be assigned to SM59 ADS destination. Still I get this error.

The problem is I cannot even test the SSL enabled ADS Java WS using WS navigator. It does not work.

It would be great if someone can provide me some direction for troubleshooting.

Thanks.

Chitrali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you paste the error message you are getting at the time of testing?

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you done configuration required from ABAP side also.

[SSL Config from ABAP side|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/8185] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Regards,

Amit