cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML; HTTP 500 internal server error:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are just sending the data from XI using SOAP adapter to plain adapter engine which they configured at receiving side.

When I used XI adapter the message is going successfully to the receiving side. But when I use the SOAP adapter to send the data Iam getting the error

"Cause: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML; HTTP 500 internal server error: "

I used localejbs/AF_Modules/MessageTransformBean module and done according to below blog.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/5498I [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

The conversion is happening correctly when I saw the adapter log. But still we are getting this error.

Need suggestion please.

Thanks

Deepthi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepthi,

Can you please elborated me how to solve this issue?

Thanks

Sateesh N.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepthi,

Thanks

Sateesh N.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepthi,

Thanks

Sateesh N.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We cannot connect standalone J2SE adapter by using SOAP adapter. We can only connect through either XI or SOAP-AXIS adapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is service in the target exposed as webservice ?

If yes did you test it with another WS client?

If fine did you check the content type what its expecting?

When I used XI adapter the message is going successfully to the receiving side

how did you use this did target side is proxy ??

Could you please provide more info.

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Please find the answers.

>> If yes did you test it with another WS client?

No I didn't tried. I do not have access to download xmlspy. Is there anyway to test it apart from ALtova.

>> If fine did you check the content type what its expecting?

How can we check abt this. We tried evything..

>> how did you use th is did target side is proxy ??

If we want to communicate with standalone J2SE adapter from XI, we always have to send the message using XI protocol. Since XI protocol is an extension of SOAP, we may also try to use standard SOAP adapter but we have to try, if the missing XI headers won't make a difference

for the J2SE adapter. Please note that there is no other way for communication between XI and J2SE adapter (in both ways) than using XI/SOAP protocol.

So we tested with XI adapter and it is successfull. But when using SOAP adapter we are facing this problem.

-Deepthi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML

Error Message says that content type is invalid. Did you check this?

Check the content type how it is sending to target when XI adapter used and when SOAP adpater is used.

Rgds

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

>> Check the content type how it is sending to target when XI adapter used and when SOAP adpater is used.

Can you please tell how we can check this. Can we check in SXMB_MONI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi deepthi,

why you used MessageTransformBean?

content type is application/xml. If your target system is not accepting application/xml content type then MessageTransformBean will used to change the content type. For your scenario i thing no need for this bean( XI adapter is successfully executed).

Regards,

Prakasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakasu,

OK.. Even if I wont use it . please share is there anyway to solve this.

Thanks

Deepthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi deepthi,

Select Do not use SOAP envelope. Remove the MessageTransformBean and try to execute the scenario.

Regards,

Prakasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakasu,

Initially I done in the same way and it showed the same error. That is the reason I used the module to change the content type and I have to use the SOAP envelope compulsary.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to MessagingSystem and check the content by using display MessageBytes option tab.(both for XI and SOAP adapter)

http://host:port/MessagingSystem/monitor/monitor.jsp

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi deepthi,

Use tcp gateway and find the difference between the payload for Xi adapter and Soap adapter.

Regards,

Prakasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakasu,

Can you pls elaborate how I can do it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi deepthi,

Check the blog.

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/6172] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Regards,

Prakasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

The log as below.

Success Delivering to channel: SOAP_RCV

Success MP: Entering module processor

Success MP: Processing local module localejbs/AF_Modules/MessageTransformBean

Success Transform: using Transform.Class: $identity

Success Transform: transforming the payload ...

Success Transform: successfully transformed

Success MP: Processing local module localejbs/sap.com/com.sap.aii.af.soapadapter/XISOAPAdapterBean

Success SOAP: request message entering the adapter with user J2EE_GUEST

Error SOAP: call failed: java.io.IOException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML; HTTP 500 internal server error: java.lang.NullPointerException

Success SOAP: sending a delivery error ack ...

Success SOAP: sent a delivery error ack

Error SOAP: error occured: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML; HTTP 500 internal server error: java.lang.NullPointerException: java.io.IOException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML; HTTP 500 internal server error: java.lang.NullPointerException

Error MP: Exception caught with cause com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML; HTTP 500 internal server error: java.lang.NullPointerException: java.io.IOException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML; HTTP 500 internal server error: java.lang.NullPointerException

Error Exception caught by adapter framework: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML; HTTP 500 internal server error: java.lang.NullPointerException