cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying values from Excel sheet to Fixvalues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have requirement..where i have to use Fixvalues conversion for a field.

But the translation table consists of more than 700 rows.

So, any suggestion to directly copy values from excel sheet to Fixvalues would really help me.

Thanks in Advance,

sudha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member193376
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

even i had a similar situation , but i had to do it manually. if anyone finds a solution, please share it.

Thanks

SG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I find even no special way to load all the data at fetch u have to do it maually.Use valuemapping donot go for Fixvalue mapping if u r using huge data conversion it wud be easy for maintaince.

If any work around if u have found please let us know

Thanks

Regards

Srini

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

700 is a lot for fixvalue - maybe you can use valuemapping in ID ?

then you can write a program that reads excel and fills this value mapping

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But i have to use FIxvalues only..

Thanks,

sudha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Either FixValues or Value mapping thru ID, i dont see any mechanism for copying all values from excel!

Its a tedious manual process you will have to do it!

Plz. let me know if you find a way!

Regards,

Jilan

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jilan,

for Value Mapping, it is possible to use the Mass Data Replication interfaces in order to populate the value mapping objects automatically. There are some standard Java Proxies that are implemented over those interfaces which can be used.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/2a/9d2891cc976549a9ad9f81e9b8db25/frameset.htm

For that, develop a custom client (outbound) Java proxy to read the excel sheet (just use a java excel api; there are tons, search for it) and send the data to XI. Then, in ID, just configure a Custom java proxy -> XI -> Standard java proxy scenario. Since the interface will have the same message type, no mapping is necessary.

Regards,

Henrique.