cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NW CE 7.1 EHP1 NWDS Preview Version Installation issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am running into follow error message when trying to install NWDS of SAP NW CE 7.1 EHP1 Preview Version

Error Message:

Unable to complete action for feature "SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio Java EE" due to errors

Error Details:

Unable to complete action for feature "SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio Java EE" due to errors.

Unable to complete action for feature "SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio Facades" due to errors.

Execution failed! Commmand: "msiexec.exe /norestart /qb /i librfc32.msi /lvx C:DOCUME1PEdalaLocal SettingsTempcom.sap.netweaver.developerstudio.facades_librfc32.msi_install_standard.log ALLUSERS=2 REBOOT=ReallySuppress". Exit value: "1639". Working directory: "C:SAPCE-EPH1NWDSIDENWDS_platformeclipse eaturescom.sap.netweaver.developerstudio.facades_7.1.0.081107100357". Log file: "C:DOCUME1PEdalaLocal SettingsTempcom.sap.netweaver.developerstudio.facades_librfc32.msi_install_standard.log".

Execution failed! Commmand: "msiexec.exe /norestart /qb /i librfc32.msi /lvx C:DOCUME1PEdalaLocal SettingsTempcom.sap.netweaver.developerstudio.facades_librfc32.msi_install_standard.log ALLUSERS=2 REBOOT=ReallySuppress". Exit value: "1639". Working directory: "C:SAPCE-EPH1NWDSIDENWDS_platformeclipse eaturescom.sap.netweaver.developerstudio.facades_7.1.0.081107100357". Log file: "C:DOCUME1PEdalaLocal SettingsTempcom.sap.netweaver.developerstudio.facades_librfc32.msi_install_standard.log".

Unable to complete action for feature "SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio Facades" due to errors.

Before error message is displayed, I get Windows Pop message with Windows Installer message as below:

Windows ® Installer. V 3.01.4000.1823

msiexec /Option

Install Options

i - Status messages

w - Nonfatal warnings

e - All error messages

a - Start up of actions

r - Action-specific records

u - User requests

c - Initial UI parameters

m - Out-of-memory or fatal exit information

o - Out-of-disk-space messages

p - Terminal properties

v - Verbose output

x - Extra debugging information

+ - Append to existing log file

! - Flush each line to the log

• - Log all information, except for v and x options

/log

Repairs a product

p - only if file is missing

o - if file is missing or an older version is installed (default)

e - if file is missing or an equal or older version is installed

d - if file is missing or a different version is installed

c - if file is missing or checksum does not match the calculated value

a - forces all files to be reinstalled

u - all required user-specific registry entries (default)

m - all required computer-specific registry entries (default)

s - all existing shortcuts (default)

v - runs from source and recaches local package

Setting Public Properties

Consult the Windows ® Installer SDK for additional documentation on the

command line syntax.

Copyright © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Portions of this software are based in part on the work of the Independent JPEG Group.

Please advice?

Best regards,

Sridhar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Although I have not encountered this error in my installation copy - you can try the following:

Take the zip file for NWDS to another machine and install it. If you do get the same error - then the zip file was damanged in the transfer - if not then probably it is an issue with the Microsoft Installer files that you are using. If you are using a legal version of Windows then upgrade to the latest updates and then try again. You can try the same steps after shutting down and restarting your PC.

Most probably the zip file is damaged since the MSI has run successfully.for the CE WAS.

p256960.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for responding. I took the zip file and installed on different machine and it worked.

Thanks!

Sridhar Edala

amolgupta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

I faced the same issue and i am able to install on another desktop as well.

But the problem remains that i am not able to install the same on my own machine :(.

Could you install the same on your machine ??

regards,

-Amol Gupta

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Follow the PDF, describes INSTALL&CONFIGURE SAP NETWEAVER

COMPOSITION ENVIRONMENT 7.1 EHP1 (PREVIEW VERSION)

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b057d7e3-b89e-2b10-1e9e-c426e967...

Regards,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

Thanks for replying.

Yes, I was following Installation document but get the above error on NWDS Installation, I could successfully install Java Server.

Best regards,

Sridhar