cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report ZRD_SDORDER_DEL and the table /SAPAPO/SCHEDLIN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am in the process of reducing the amount of data in our SCM database using the report /SAPAPO/ZRD_SDORDER_DEL.

The report should be deleting data in the /SAPAPO/SCHEDLIN table but the summary report shows that 0 records have been deleted.

I have run an SQL trace on the report and it shows that it trying to delete records in the SCHEDLIN table using the GUID column. Getting the GUID value from the trace and using this value in the ITEM_GUID my queries returns 2 records.

I am a Basis consultant so I don't know the business process/linkage for the tables utilised by this report. The SCHEDLIN table has approx 110 million rows & I am concerned that these records will be orphaned by the /SAPAPO/ZRD_SDORDER_DEL report and never deleted.

Should this report be using the ITEM_GUID to delete these records?

Thanks in advance.

Doug

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Message ws logged with SAP and a note with the fix was generated. Note is 1303971

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Doug,

ZRD_SDORDER_DEL is not a standard SAP program, it was customized by your client. It is difficult to evalutate whether it was designed properly. If I were in your position, I would first talk to the developer who created it. If the developer is not available, then I would have a functional analyst and a technical analyst look at the design specs.

SAP recommends running their standard program /SAPAPO/SDORDER_DEL on a regular basis to reorganize tables that contain SD order data that is no longer required. Although I am not an ABAPer, I would assume that it would take care of any superflous table entries that can be successfully deleted.

Refer to SAP's OSS Note 553476

[https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=553476]

For all the techy stuff about this standard SAP program.

Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

ZRD_SDORDER_DEL (actually /SAPAPO/ZRD_SDORDER_DEL) was delivered in SCM5.0 SP14 (see note 1008133) due to the poor performance of the /SAPAPO/SDORDER_DEL report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Doug,

My apologies. Our system is only rev'd to patch 10. I should have consulted OSS before I shot my mouth off.

I think my answer is pretty much the same, though. If you are using the standard SAP supplied and recommended program, you are pretty safe. I don't think I would second guess SAP's decision to use ITEM_GUID to delete these records.

Regards,

DB49