cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to establish connection with the customs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

How do we establish connection with the gts system to the customs?? Is it through an EDI? Do we have to use XI? What is Seeburger? What role does it play? Or does Seeburger just takes care of everything with XI not reqired at all?? Can anyone please answer in detail...

Please help me!

Thanks,

Shruthi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Connection to Customs you can do through EDI ( creation of idcos) .Seeburger is Middleware which is an EDI translator, Any idoc going out of GTS gets coverted to required format so that it can be posted on the Customs system.

When you purchase a GTS system from SAP,SEEBURGERu2019s solutions are automatically included.

You have advantage of pre-built global connectivity from SEEBURGER. For example, connect to US Customs (AES), ATLAS or NCTS.

If you use Seeburger you need dont require XI .

Kind Regards,

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sameer!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

Do we need to install this seeburger on saperate server or seeburger functionlaty is available in GTS.

Regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seeburger will be on different server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sameer,

Do you know any thing about x.400.

Did you work with ATLAS for German.

Please let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check out this link for information on X.400 addressing protocols. The document is 1994, but basic structures remain same. Also, it may provide you with additional terms with which to conduct your own Google searches.

http://www.faqs.org/ftp/rfc/pdf/rfc1649.txt.pdf

Regards,

-Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can you please provide me more information to download the SeeBurger BIS - EDI Converter?

I failed to find any information on "How to download EDI Converter from Seeburger ".

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seeburger EDI converter is called BIS-5 (latest version) and requires installation by Seeburger. Typical installation will average 10 days duration. For AES implementation, other software is available, like ProcessWeaver(tm), but for ATLAS, only Seeburger is certified by German government at present. They convert IDOCs into EDIFACT format (X400 - P7 protocol) which is required by German customs.

- Greg Futrelle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have any document which can provide all the steps required for importing and configuring the connectinity between SAP GTS and US Customs?

Thanks

Lshriva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you worked with SAP ECC integration with ATLAS German Customs? What EDI is being sent out?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lshriva,

I believe GTS Customs management config guide and several notes will help you to setup the GTS part, do WE20, WE21 settings and setup of RFC destination for Seeburger. The second part- Seeburger BIS you`ll need to align with Seeburger Consultant. You should be able to find/google a list that says which GTS/Seeburger versions are certified for certain Customs system (and its version). For info about German system Atlas try www.zoll.de, the amount of english content is limited but still can be very helpul.

Regards,

Branio

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

If documents get blocked because of either SPL or Embargo and if i want to release the documents....is there a way i can do mass release of all the blocked documents say for example mass release of all documents blocked because of SPL?? Can it be done through the standard functionality in GTS?

Thanks,

Shruthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think Mass release is working fine. What you can do is, first you can analyse the blocked partners first and release or put them inpositve list and come to release documetns list and refresh or recheck button. But mass release only documents is not working I think. If anybody has any other ideas please let me know....

christin_angus
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You are right, there is no mass release functionality.

The SPL or Embargo lists are authorized lists published from authorities. So if one of your documents is blocked because it is identified as a match to one of the entries on this lists, you have to manually check, why this hit was done and either it is correct or you have to adapt customizing settings so the partner is not blocked anymore. The postive list mentioned is also a possibility.

Please try not to mix the topics of threads. As this is another topic than the thread topic I kindly ask you to open a seperate message next time.