cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot click on steps in RoadMap UI Element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Is it possible to select a particular step on the RoadMap UI element, by clicking on it?

The idea is to be able to click on a step and be able to navigate to the content of that step directly instead of clicking through Prev/Next.

I do not see an "OnClick" event on a Step wherein I can create a handler. I am on NW 7.0 SPS15

Regards,

Puja

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Puja,

There is an option in the properties of the Road map steps (events): On Load steps and Onselect

You need to create a method in the Onslect and write the code you wanted .

Place where u can find these events is after you create the UI elements for the Roadmap there you check the properties of the UI elements you can find the Events 1.On Load steps and 2.ON Select.

Hope it solves your problem.

Have a GoodDay!

Regards,

Sana.

yesrajkumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Roadmap UI element you can see the Events section where you can specify your own methods in the Onload step and Onselect. In the Onselect event you define your own method and determine the particular step that you have selected.

For eg: say method name u2018onactionnavigate_roadmapu2019.

METHOD onactionnavigate_roadmap .

Case step.

When u2018step1u2019.

When u2018step2u2019.

ENDMETHOD.

Thanks,

Rajkumar.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajkumar and Sana,

Thanks for your response. However, when I use the "OnSelect" event, to make all the steps clickable, they should all be enabled at all times. However, in doing so, they all look the same, and then there is no way for a user to differentiate the selected step from the others.

There is no property to change either the colour or the look and feel of a selected step when all are enabled.

I hope my question is clear.

Regards,

Puja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Puja,

I guess you are takling about the step being highlighted with some different color when the user selects the step . if it is so then there is definatly an option for highliting the step with a color when you click on it . Let me expalin you a very simple example by which you can understand iit more clearly.

Step 1. You create a steps for instance (3)(step1, step2, step3). so here when i try clicking it on each step 3 different compeonents needs to be called wiht the step being highlighted.

Step2:Create a node in the context say Roadmap (0:1) cardinality and attributes as (set_step(property as string) (set_next (wdy_boolean) set_previous (wdy_boolean).

Step2. In compoent controller of your component create 3 methods hope u are already aware of this.

set_step( ), Set_next( ), Set_previous( ). and in attributes of component controller "Navigate" and in importing values giv 'Target'. whcih will capture the the target when we click on the steps.

Step3: create inbound plugs and method Onselect.

hope you know the procees to be done futher.

Note: if you are not able to get the step as highlighted plz chekc in the method set_step wether the step values are being passed correctly if no then pass the value of step properly then i am sure that it will higlight the step when u click on it .

if you want the code for the above senario will surely send it to u .

GoodLuck!.

Regards,

Sana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sana,

Thanks a lot for being so willing to help. I completely appreciate the effort you have taken to help me with the resolution of this issue. SDN needs more people like you!

The issue was actually at my end. There was a bug in my code.

However, for those who are attempting to achieve the same end as I was, keep all steps enabled by default, and use the SelectedStep property on the RoadMap element to bind a string context attribute (which would hold the ID of the selected step).

Regards,

Puja

Answers (0)