cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error transporting transaction code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to transport a transaction code someone created with SE93 from DEV to QAS. The ABAP report tied to this t-code is already in QAS but not the t-code itself. What I did was open the t-code with SE93 in DEV, and click the save button, thereby initiating a transport (in hopes of moving this transport to QAS).

The problem is when I create a change request for this transport, it says the transport is "invalid" (You cannot use request xxxx (request type invalid)) and would not let me create the change request.

An ABAPer colleague of mine checked this out and notified me that the reason for this most probably is that the package being used has an "Original System" foreign to our own.

Now, I am stuck. It seems SAP would not let me transport this t-code to QAS. I know I could probably go into QAS and create the t-code manually with SE93 but would much rather go through the "official" transport procedures to move objects, especially if this needs to be moved to PRD at a later date!

Does anyone have any possible insights on how I can resolve this issue and transport the transaction code?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi, you can change the original system of the transaction code and possibly reassign it to a valid transportable package (development class). This can be achieved via transaction code SE03 --> Change Object Directory Entries. In section "Selection by Objects" you need to tick the checkbox (3rd up from the bottom) and enter next to it "TRAN". Next to TRAN type your transaction code and press execute. On the following screen, select your transaction code and choose button "change object directory". Here you can change the Package and/or original system of the transaction code. At the same time you can assign your tcode to a transport request etc...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yiannis, thank you very much for your quick and informative response on this. This is very helpful for me to know how to change package and original system as this is the first time I have encountered this problem. Thanks again!

Answers (0)