Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File adapter to JMS question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a file to JMS scenario.

I wanted to know

1.If PI is down and the messages are stacked in my file outbound folder.. when PI comes back up..

incase if the filenames have a timestamp..is there a way for PI to pick them up in serial order.. oldest

timesamp first?.

2.If my target system is down, in this case my messages will be stuck in PI..but when my target

system is back up.. and if the source sends a message at the same time.. this will get processed

before the messages that are in error state in PI and can be resubmitted. Is there a way to control

this.. so that a new message is not processed before the old ones have been resent?.

My Main aim is for the messages to go in the order of which they are sent according to the oldest

timestamp first.

Has anyone encountered a similar situation for serialisation?.

Thanks a Lot!!.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. For setting the order

For this you have to set the Quality of Service to Exactly once in order. and set a Queue Name.

In this way all the messages picked up will go to the same queue. Only the first message entered has to get processed before the new messages

2.For processing sequence

Once that is done select the processing sequence as By Date. In this way the oldest will be picked up first.

Here the problem is files created at same second will get picked up in any order. For minutes the order is preserved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sebin!.